• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warrior Products Bumper & Some Welding

GhostDakota

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased the Warrior Products XJ bumper with d-ring tabs and grille guard:

86512-lg.jpg

Purchased at Quadratec:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/72108_1003.htm

Also have one available without the grille guard and d-rings, and also just with grille guard. As you can see, no light tabs are included :( This made me sad.. So my buddy and I fabbed our own:

232133038-L.jpg

232134124-L.jpg

232133236-L.jpg

232133511-L.jpg

232133731-L.jpg

232133837-L.jpg

232134737-L.jpg

232134820-L.jpg

232135134-L.jpg

100 watt Warn spots in the center and 55 watt Hella fogs on the ends. Also, as most of you know, 12 gauge upgraded wiring & Hella relays, Hella E-code housings & Osram Hyper White H4 bulbs. I also have European spec tails (actualy Euro, NOT the altezza crap) from my previous XJ that I'm throwing on tonight. Sweet.

Also threw a CB antenna and mount on there as well. Drilling required :)

232135279-L.jpg

And a GT Grant wheel, Uniden CB, GPS, finally a radio (Kenwood) and Kenwood speakers lol. Oh, the 2" Teraflex budget boost too now. I'm tempted to do what I did with my last XJ... 5.5" or so of lift :-X

I agree there aren't enough bolts (3 per side) to support say... a winch, but it's rated for "light" recovery.

I'm purchasing these anyway, just to be safe:

unibodybrackets.jpg

goodburbon said:
that bumper doesn't tie into the "frame" well enough to be a good tow point.

goodburbon said:
that bumper doesn't tie into the "frame" well enough to be a good tow point.
yeah, it was never intended to be a heavy duty recovery bumper, thus why the outer skin is 11 gauge HRPO. Usually when people call and ask about it, I either recommend tie-in plates, or I suggest they get the non d-ring version and use a set of tow hook brackets, like was done in that first picture. The tie-in's work good, as the 1" x 2" d-ring hook is welded directly to the 3/16" mount plate, and there is a 3/16" backing plate behind the face of the bumper as well.

Also, you can see they used the WP bolt on light tabs 59003.

goodburbon said:
that'll fix it,

nice light tabs btw, and the styling of the bumper is nice.

That's my hope. Thanks much. I agree, I really like the looks, I was just mehhhh about the mounting. I had the OR-fab winch bumper on my last XJ and that thing had a good amount of bolt locations on each side.

WheelinJR said:
yeah, it was never intended to be a heavy duty recovery bumper, thus why the outer skin is 11 gauge HRPO. Usually when people call and ask about it, I either recommend tie-in plates, or I suggest they get the non d-ring version and use a set of tow hook brackets, like was done in that first picture. The tie-in's work good, as the 1" x 2" d-ring hook is welded directly to the 3/16" mount plate, and there is a 3/16" backing plate behind the face of the bumper as well.

Also, you can see they used the WP bolt on light tabs 59003.

I wish I had thought about that before I went ahead with the purchase. Oh well. I may just do that now instead anyway. We stock those here. Except they are on backorder at Tomken it looks like... I guess I have to wait. Hopefully I don't get stuck too bad this weekend. I've never really wheeled with A/T's 'til a couple weeks ago and they suck.

GhostDakota said:
I wish I had thought about that before I went ahead with the purchase. Oh well. I may just do that now instead anyway. We stock those here. Except they are on backorder at Tomken it looks like... I guess I have to wait. Hopefully I don't get stuck too bad this weekend. I've never really wheeled with A/T's 'til a couple weeks ago and they suck.

You should be able to get hold of these... (omix part 11236.05)

11236.05.jpg

Ah, I forgot Omix made a pair as well. Is the quality up to par on the Omix ones? We do have them in stock, but none in the main warehouse for me to pickup for the weekend :(

WheelinJR said:
You should be able to get hold of these... (omix part 11236.05)

GhostDakota said:
I agree there aren't enough bolts (3 per side) to support say... a winch, but it's rated for "light" recovery.

I'm purchasing these anyway, just to be safe:

unibodybrackets.jpg
That's the plan for my ARB. Good route to go for sure.

Bumper looks good, but that is a ton of lights!

IllianaXJ said:
Bumper looks good, but that is a ton of lights!
you can never have too much light when wheelin in the dark. 2 spots and two floods is a good combo. now if he had 4 spots on there it would be too much, you can get the same effect with 2 flood lights :D

Good looking bumper. Cut your fenders to be even with the top of the bumper.

Back