• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rim offsets

Pnwxj808

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to figure out what offset do I need to fit crossover steering anyone know what is the preferred offset to fit cross over steering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would depend on the exact set-up, larger diameter rims accommodate that as well as larger brakes.

Well I'm running factory Rubi (TJ) rims and the backspace on them is 4.5".

I run the Ruff Stuff Chevy 1-ton crossover steering on two XJs. On one I have JK 17 inch rims. A bit on a turning radius problem, due to extended swaybar brackets. They could be bent in a bit to help. I have WJ Big Brakes on it. I use WJ hub bearing so as not to use spacers. I do use spacers on the rear presently. Also, Rusty's OTK Trackbar. I do use the Ruff Stuff steering stabilizer setup with an OME WJ stabilizer.
On the other, I have 16 inch rims that were available on the latter XJs. Also, WJ Big Brakes and Ruff Stuff Chevy 1-ton Steering. On both it is under the Knuckle. Stinky Fabs OTK trackbar and trackbar brace. No spacers. I haven't driven this much. But it feels real tight.
My opinion or experience with these setups is a more controlled steering. Also, less affect from bumps or bump steer.

Without any spacers.

245900f3d02ba123ee432b3674d22eea.jpg

Finally uploading a pic just ended up going with some rims off a TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back