• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Re: Re: Important

also...anyone who has flat towed an xj. what did you use as a mounting point? i have some xj tow hook brackets with the 5 holes, if i somehow rigged those to work, would they be sufficient? i'm guessing so, i just have no idea how it will mount to the tow bar
I have my tow bar mount bolted to 8 different locations. Four of which are the sway bar mounts.

I tried to take a picture, but I'm too drunk and the grass is wet.

I have a custom mount for my blue ox tow bar. Hit me b/c if you're interested in a purchase....

hmm...possibly. i found a blue ox tow bar here for $40...which is crazy considering what they retail for. i want to check it out to make sure its not broken, then i may take you up on that. i'll contact you about it when im on the road. ive decided for now, i'm just going to put a tranny cooler on the wj and use it to tow jeeps around for fixing etc until we can afford a truck. we've had a few unexpected expenses...mostly medical that have put us a hair behind where we want to be, plus melissa losing her job put a damper on a lot of toy buying, so a tow bar will have to suffice for now. i was hoping to rig something up today, but too many places are closed here on saturdays. i am leaving here ina few minutes to go back to nyc (got home yesterday) and i was going to tow j5 to a buddies shop so we can do the motor swap on my day off out there. looks like i'm just going to bring the motor home...hope it fits in the back hatch!

We towed mine with a homemade towbar and homemade bumper with welded tabs and stock six bolts. It worked, but I wouldn't recommend it for safety. Had to get the jeep from Bellevue to silver lake.
I think Dave hauled his alot with that setup though.

Good night Sam...I know you are still awake or just went to bed because of facebook...apparently I'm the only one not tying one on tonight. Instead I'm four hours into a drive to NYC . Hopefully I'll have time for a short nap when I get there.,

I'd rather be drinking right now

The guy got out if his car and walked right toward him...

mac 'what did he think was going to happen?' gyvr

Lots of fault there. Kid was looking for an ESPN moment, getting hot and bothered with stewart on a race track. Stewart may or may not have more control of the car than he says he did, but only he knows that.

I have a friend who hit a drunk couple while he was driving the local bus in a beach bar town (driving drunks home no less) when they walked out in the street in a blind corner. Jail or not, that kind of shit messes you up.

Watching mickey mouse with my daughter and the character on the show just said "look for the triangle shaped bush."

Disney has a sense of humor.

There is one where goofy is holding something in his hand and it looks like he is flopping a huge dildo out of his pants. I laughed my ass off

I'm glad he's chosen not to race today. The media's negative spin/pr backlash wouldn't have been worth whatever result he got in the race.

I saw the video for the first time, and IMO, it was obviously very foolish to exit his car, then stray that far into the main racing groove in order to confront Tony. I'm not even really sure why he was upset at Tony. They went into the turn side by side and the kid basically spun out. I don't think they even touched. It didn't seem like there was malicious intent on Tony's part. Maybe Tony crowded him into the "marbles"(or equivalent for dirt tracks) or something, idk. It's easy to armchair quarterback this situation, but any anger could have been handled in the pits.

I also learned that these sprint cars don't have spotters, which is surprising. A spotter could have helped a lot.

edit: kid did hit the wall

Last edited:
Back