• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jk Axle Swap

Jaws5150

NAXJA Forum User
Hi All,

I was thinking of swapping my axles to JK Rubicon axles which just have the factory lockers. Would still needs shafts, outers, etc., but the axles are free. The question is would it be worth the hassle?.

Thanks,

Oh heck yes, if they are free I say go for it. They won't bolt up by any means so you'll have to fab or pay someone to do it. Will need to mount coil pads in the front, CA should be the same, track bar may need to be tweaked. What is your set up currently and what do you want to do?

JK2TJ_Front_Swap_Kit
Artec makes a truss kit for the JK front axle which relocates the LCA/UCA and Trackbar mounts to fit the XJ/ZJ/TJ. I installed this setup for my buddy last year, delivered the front diff and it bolted into his ZJ with zero issues.

It includes Inner C gussets as well. Beef. http://www.artecindustries.com/JK2TJ_Front_Swap_Kit

Last edited:
JK2TJ_Front_Swap_Kit
Artec makes a truss kit for the JK front axle which relocates the LCA/UCA and Trackbar mounts to fit the XJ/ZJ/TJ. I installed this setup for my buddy last year, delivered the front diff and it bolted into his ZJ with zero issues.

It includes Inner C gussets as well. Beef. http://www.artecindustries.com/JK2TJ_Front_Swap_Kit

TNT does as well.

I planned to do this before I got a screaming deal on my TJ44.

Speaking from experience as i am completing my swap right now with rubi44s. The control arm points dont need to be moved. The coil buckets need to come in about 2" on each side and the track bar mount needs to move out about 2". Rough measurements but gives you an idea. I reused the jk coil buckets and ordered a jk trackbar axle bracket from rustys to put it in the stock xj location off center but the jk height.

Even with stock shafts its a serious upgrade. I am also running 35s only.

Just out of curiosity what ratio(s) are the Rubis?

Just out of curiosity what ratio(s) are the Rubis?

I believe factory was 4.10 / 4.11.

David Bricker / SYR

I believe factory was 4.10 / 4.11.

David Bricker / SYR

The non Rubicon's were 3.21. Manual Rubicon have 4.11 while the autos have 3.73 as of recent years. It appear that all the early Rubi's had 4.11.

I have heard of some special order requiring 4.11 in the auto for an additional charge.

By the way, the Rubicon's come with D44 front and rear.

I just reused my cables and made small brackets for the cables on the axle. Then used some cable clamps to attach the cables to the actuator at the backing plate.

Back