• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel pressure too high?

alky350

NAXJA Forum User
Is 49-52 psi to much fuel pressure on the fuel rail when at idle? this is for a 96 grand cherokee laredo. 4.0L. I trying to figure out why my moms ride keeps stalling or wanting to die when coming at a stop. when its at idle it sometimes rough idles and then goes back and forth. just want to make sure that too much fuel pressure is not causing this. my dad has replaced coil, spark plug/wires, tranny fluid/filter, fuel filter and pump. crank position sensor. is too much fuel pressure bad? i read it should be around 37-41 psi. thank you!

I have 50PSI at the rail in my 96 4.0 and my chilton said something like 39 or 35PSI at idle and if you remove the vaccum line to the pressure regulator, it should jump to around 50. I have seen posts both ways, some say 50 is too high, some say that it should be 50 at idle. Hopefully someone can clarify....

Back