• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Driving around bfe Michigan and Wisconsin thanks to garmin...

No baby on this trip...led lighting...Aunt Flo packed her bags and left...

mac '50 miles to Crandon' gyvr

I ran into some chemical issues with my pool that required 80% of the water drained and refilled. Then basically a restart with chemicals. Just finished adding everything and feeling weird about "opening" my pool again in aug.

Needed to be done tho. Last thing I would want is someone to get sick Cuz they swam in my pool.
Water must be good before anyone can get back in.

Still should be able to have a pool party next weekend tho:cool:

I strung up a LED rope light in one of our old popup campers. It lit up the whole camper and was cheap. Our TT will be getting the LED treatment over the winter, along with LEDs in the storage compartments underneath.

At Crandon

Camping in the pits...no power...so a mix of genset and battery power...should be a good test of my LEDs.

mac 'pours drink' gyvr

I'm going to try to make it next weekend. I'd love to go there Friday, Sam's Saturday, then drive home Sunday, but pretty sure that's not going to happen.
I might try to find somewhere close to the fair to stay for the weekend.

Re: Re: Important

I'm going to try to make it next weekend. I'd love to go there Friday, Sam's Saturday, then drive home Sunday, but pretty sure that's not going to happen.
I might try to find somewhere close to the fair to stay for the weekend.
Lake ahquabi is a decent state park south of Indianola...probably about 30 min south of the fairgrounds. Like al parks in Iowa, it fills up fast on the weekend. Saylorville lake also has camping but I think they are run by the corp. There is also camping at walnut woods, but you have to go into des Moines to get there

I've known people to park in someone's back yard and just sleep in their car. Most of the people that live around the fairgrounds have parking for 5-8$ a day. If you park on Earth 36 CT and Maple in on of the yards on the south side of Maple you will be Right by the fair and the fairground camp grounds with good portopoops and shower house if you dare.

Well you could take the hwy5/65 bypass around the south and come back in on 163/University Ave. Takes about 20min. My shop is right up hyw 28 from Walnut Woods.

Re: Re: Important

Ew.

I'll look into the other places though.
You do know the fairgrounds is in des Moines right ;) east siiiiide. Get ready to see some sweet mullets. Though if eastside night is tonight (also dubbed the east side prom) then tonight would be the best night for mullet bingo (yes its a real game...you can download the game card from the web)

Back