View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2011, 08:52
NAXJA Member

Location: Central MA - keep going till the road turns to dirt, then listen for banjos
Re: Everything you ever wanted to know about the AW4

That simply isn't possible... everyone I've ever spoken with, the parts catalogs, and my personal experience agree with that the split was somewhere late in 90 or between 90 and 91. My bet is that someone swapped in an 87-90 transfer case and transmission as a pair when one or the other died, sometime before you bought the vehicle. This isn't really too surprising, everything bolts up if you do that to a 93. Any chance you could get the part numbers and datecode+serial number off the transmission and transfer case?
CTeunuch: Sometimes I really wonder if this sport makes you insane, or it just attracts the mentally unstable.