• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 XJ - Intake/exhaust manifold bolts

anthrax323

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

It's been a while... Back in December of last year, I broke a piston skirt at 240,000 miles in my 2001 XJ, and was then knocked out of commission (labor-wise at least) due to repeated issues with diverticulitis that ultimately resulted in the loss of nearly a foot of my poop chute. Fortunately, everything has been gravy since - I've more or less finished my garage remodel (air conditioned and lit up like the freaking sun), and the mini-stroker build is once again underway.

stroker_01.jpg

At this point, I'm waiting on a few parts to finish reassembly, and remembered that I kinda boogered one of the upper bellhousing-to-engine bolts (those obnoxious E12 ones). I know a lot of people replace them with standard hex bolts, but honestly, E12 would be easier to work with blindly if I have to pull the engine again in the future.

Only problem is that I can't for the life of me find them in the 2000 or 2001 part catalogs.

Anyone happen to know the part number? I've already found eleventy billion angry threads detailing standard hex bolts they can be replaced with, so I really just need the part number of the original E12 bolt in this case.

Thanks in advance.

Wow, ignore the thread title. Had a different question initially that I sorted out (intake/exhaust hardware quantity info in the 2000 and 2001 part catalogs are wrong).

If nothing else, you could get from ARP.

I just remembered that the E12 is not the same as the 12 point hex!

I make studs out of 3/8x 16 high silicon bronze threaded rod.
Thir heart makes them stronger instead of weaker, and they do not corrode.

Btw, love the AMC blue. One of mine is that color.

I make studs out of 3/8x 16 high silicon bronze threaded rod.
Thir heart makes them stronger instead of weaker, and they do not corrode.

Btw, love the AMC blue. One of mine is that color.
Gotcha... The older I've gotten, though, the more of a stickler I am for OEM parts ("Buy once, cry once", etc). It's ridiculous but I really, really want to find the original OEM bolts, even if they're $15 a piece.
And thanks man! Since I'm building a mini-stroker off an AMC 232 crank, I decided to have fun and give a little homage to the 4.0's roots. It's also my first engine build, so I probably won't bother to paint the next one.

Back