• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I got some work done today.

1e141e8df06369d1576e4645aa6c7c92.jpg

Sweet! Didn't know you got roof sliders.

231/242 case yes. 249 you can but it doesn't like it at all.

My bet will be bearings in the axle.

To add to this, 95 down (at least on xjs, not sure on zjs) you gotta do something about keeping the fluid in the case if you run without the rear shaft, or it'll spit it all out on the exhaust and grenade the case.

rew wth, you have to tell these guys good morning jeepers on a Friday. how else will they know! you are supposed to have my back.

Good er...uh...late morning jeep fans!

FRIDAY!

back to work for me on Monday, got a bunch of little projects around the house done this week. next on the list is a little electrical work in the bathroom and building a homemade squat rack for the home gym.

rew wth, you have to tell these guys good morning jeepers on a Friday. how else will they know! you are supposed to have my back.

Good er...uh...late morning jeep fans!

FRIDAY!

back to work for me on Monday, got a bunch of little projects around the house done this week. next on the list is a little electrical work in the bathroom and building a homemade squat rack for the home gym.

F you. get your ass out of bed and do it your self!

..!.:D.!..

I am looking at a vehicle in OH. It sounds like when you sell a car in OH you have to get the title notarized? Seems like that screws up a lot of weekend transactions if you can't find a notary. How does that work in practice, do you have the seller fill out the title, they go see a notary during the week, then make a second trip to pick up your vehicle and title?

Since I am bringing the vehicle back to IN, do I still have to go through all that?

Does anyone know if Illinois does the same thing as Ohio?

Upstream o2 sucks. It's so close to the floor. I changed mine with the y pipe off and I I ever have to again I'll probably have to do the same thing.

I was hoping not to have to pull the y-pipe...but I am thinking that's the only way...ugh

I'm putting it off for a bit...wasn't quite ready to get that deep into it last night...

mac 'was already pretty deep in the bottle when I got to it as well' gyvr

I am looking at a vehicle in OH. It sounds like when you sell a car in OH you have to get the title notarized? Seems like that screws up a lot of weekend transactions if you can't find a notary. How does that work in practice, do you have the seller fill out the title, they go see a notary during the week, then make a second trip to pick up your vehicle and title?

Since I am bringing the vehicle back to IN, do I still have to go through all that?

I went through the OH mess when I bought the 2-place trailer from RedHeep. I had the trailer, the motor check and the title signed off by him. I tried to register it and because it wasn't notarized I couldn't register it. I had to send the title back to him, he had it notarized and sent it back to me. Then I was able to register it in Indiana.

That was in 2009.

When I bought the 5.9, it has an Ohio title. But I bought it from a small dealer and he took care of the title paperwork and gave it to me and I was able to register it without issue.

I don't know about IL titles.

mac 'almost a car dealer' gyvr

It's a PITA

Almost thinking about just holding on to the upstream 02 sensor til the day comes when we pull the motor to freshen it up...

I just know that pulling the y pipe will result in broken bolts and lots of cussing.

mac 'curious to see fuel mileage on just changing the downstream' gyvr

you should call me tonight. I will explain how it works.

Bought truck last night, tagged and titled for 50$ today, only waited 10 minutes at the clerks office. God bless tennessee

meeting DNR watercraft guy tomorrow to get boat inspected.

PITA.

like I said though, he's up this way making people's day bad at the boat ramp anyhow, so at least I don't have to drive 100 miles.

87 'ask me about OH titles' manche

Last edited:
Humidity this week is brutal. Shop floor is damp and shop cat looks like she will strangle me if she can figure out how with out thumbs

the ugly xj i bought was from PA...we had to get it notarized there as well. oddly enough, its not hard to title a vehicle in New York. all of the dealerships in PA, including the rinky dink ones, were able to do it. i really think they just want to charge you an additional fee and get you to title the vehicle every time it changes hands.

I think it's weird how packages get shipped nowadays. Waiting on the catalytic converter and o2 sensors to get here but they have both flown right over my house and went a couple states away before heading back to me. Doesn't make any sense

The person you're buying the car from needs to find a notary that will do the title work when you want to buy the car. Think mailboxes, etc or a local notary that can do it by appointment.

Back