• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler LA

Jeep00xj

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched and people talk about them but what do you all really think of the rock krawler long arm upgrade, are they worth the money do the work well... My xj is a daily driver so they have to hold up well and have good an road manners.

I use the 6.5 RK kit in front for my DD. It works fine for me. RK has just released thier 3rd gen kit, it uses even larger joints, and even larger tube. If you see the new parts you will be astounded at them.

The people around here that bad mouth RK are doing so based on an old design that hasnt been built for years. Listen to people that have the newer kits, and base your opinion on them.

I can't speak gfor the Long Arms, because I am running the Claytons, and I have just installed the kit, so I have no idea how it wheels, but that being said, the reast of my 8" kit is RK and the qualit of their stuff was unbelievable and I was very pleased with how everything went together..

xjcrawlr said:
RK has just released thier 3rd gen kit, it uses even larger joints, and even larger tube.

:rattle: Figures I got the 2nd gen stuff about a month ago!!!

I love my RK long arm upgrade!! it rides amazing and it flexes WAY too much(which isnt a bad thing)!!!! It is very very very beefy!! I haven't really beat on mine too much, but I have seen a couple people beat the daylights out of theirs and it takes it all without a problem!!

Yes its very streetable!! With 35s and full width axles it rides as good or better then it did stock!! This is my first Long Arm setup, so I cant really compare it to anything else, but I dont know know how it could get much better!! For the price there is no way I would even consider anything else!!

My son has the 4.5 LA on his jeep and it is great. Rides better than stock, wheels superb, and was really fairly easy to install. Also found it to be very streetable, my son uses it as his dd. About the only thing you will need to add are limiting straps on the front.We have popped the front springs out already :laugh3:

Ya it will flex alittle bit!!
wellsville8-06005.jpg

I ripped the lower shock mount off coming up that it flexed so much!! Time for limiting straps!!

Yeah they look really nice but I don’t really want to drop that much money when the RK kit is about half the price.... But yeah I like it I like the integrated skid plates but that is a little high for me... also I like the idea of a three link front seems to be real flexy…

For the price, it doesn't seem to bad to me. How weak can 1.5 solid stock be???

Back