• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I think i got the pool thing down now adays. when i first bought my house i always had green water and hundreds on chemicals.

assuming its clear this year, it will be 4 years straight with clear water in may.

Brian, a tip for you if you want, regarding that cover. although im not sure on the ingroud pools.
i buy the cheapest cover they sell at my local pool store BUT i buy a new one every year.

i think its wroth the 65 bucks(my pool is 30ft round) to not have to wash, dry, carefully fold, and store the cover all summer just to have some mice, spiders, snakes, or any other bugs make it their home in the garage.

ill be building an active solar hot water heater for mine in a week or so. will post pics.

Yea on the pool cover thing, I decided last night I will never reuse one again, just not worth it. One little hole jacks everything up.

Computer system is down at title office today, I forsee a 3 hour wait tomorrow morning.

Pools are like boats and bikes, far easier to use your buddy's or rent then then to own

Yea on the pool cover thing, I decided last night I will never reuse one again, just not worth it. One little hole jacks everything up.

Yea a lady here at work had a hole in hers. didnt know at 1st so when she was pumping the water off the top she was pumping water out of the pool. then it ripped and everything went in.

sucks.

Desk is cleared and everything is packed, tomorrow is my last day.

Will have to put a 2 second time limit on hugs....Ready to go.

I love following odd ball machinery auctions...just picked up a 1991 MACK Mid-Liner with 243K on the clock. Clean and has knee deep rubber and a Spicer 6 speed. Auction fees and all, $1815. Gonna shorten the frame and put a 12' flat bed on it and use it to haul my GN with the skid loader and attachments etc on. My BL said they are really popular in new Zealand (where he is originally from) and said they are great MDT units. I have had a few International MDTs and got along great, but this was a steal at that price!

What motor? Sounds like a good truck for what you need. I've been having the thoughts of MDT foe a few years, just not ready to make that step but with 2 wheeling rigs this year it's going to get old making multiple trips

What motor? Sounds like a good truck for what you need. I've been having the thoughts of MDT foe a few years, just not ready to make that step but with 2 wheeling rigs this year it's going to get old making multiple trips

It has the MACK/Renault (sp?) inline 6cvl 5.5L. They are only like 190 HP or something low like that. They have mixed reviews I have read, but I suppose about every diesel does. #1 draw backs I see are that they have a small clutch and parts are readily available at the dealers, but you are gonna pay $$$ for them. It's a gamble at this point, but at the buy in price, I can part out and come out about even if it shells on me. I figured about $850 in building a nice flatbed for it w/ GN hitch etc. At the end of the day, it is still an ugly SOB.

MACK_zps3tkppoau.jpg

Thats gonna be sticky when it dries

4F2hgBs.gif

It has the MACK/Renault (sp?) inline 6cvl 5.5L. They are only like 190 HP or something low like that. They have mixed reviews I have read, but I suppose about every diesel does. #1 draw backs I see are that they have a small clutch and parts are readily available at the dealers, but you are gonna pay $$$ for them. It's a gamble at this point, but at the buy in price, I can part out and come out about even if it shells on me. I figured about $850 in building a nice flatbed for it w/ GN hitch etc. At the end of the day, it is still an ugly SOB.

MACK_zps3tkppoau.jpg
When I started with my employer we had one of those with an 20 foot flatbed for deliveries to Chicago/Milwaukee and Madison. It was almost dangerously slow in expressway traffic.

Back