• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine swap

LonS99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm getting ready to pull the engine from my 01. I have searched and searched and can't seem to find an article or anything.

How are people securing the coil pack from the 01 engine? Is there a write up somewhere? Pictures? Parts I need to buy or can make? I'm pretty mechanically inclined so I can deal with big words. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Your post is confusing -- "How are people securing the coil pack from the 01 engine"

What are you asking? Are you using an engine with a head that doesn't have the coil pack mounts? You can make mounts easy enough -- I believe people are using the head bolts and making some sort of "L" brackets

I opted to get rid of the thing completely and run a dodge viper coil and wires -- here's an older thread on the process, unfortunately photobucket is holding the pictures for ransom

https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1066869

On a similar note, you can buy a upgraded 0331 head that has the mounting bosses. If you looking for any performance, Russ can do wonders with one!

Your post is confusing -- "How are people securing the coil pack from the 01 engine"

What are you asking? Are you using an engine with a head that doesn't have the coil pack mounts? You can make mounts easy enough -- I believe people are using the head bolts and making some sort of "L" brackets

I opted to get rid of the thing completely and run a dodge viper coil and wires -- here's an older thread on the process, unfortunately photobucket is holding the pictures for ransom

https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1066869

Sorry for the confusion. I am using the complete engine and head from my 99 and putting into my 01. I was wondering how people are securing the coil pack. I have read people just setting the coil pack down on the plugs and it holds it pretty well, but I don't know about that.

However, I do like your idea better and will be looking into it. Thanks for the info.

Back