• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1989 jeep comanche build thread

Who got your panties in a bunch? It could be a perfectly legal trail for all you know. It sure looks like one to me...

I missed it at first, too:

...had a blast. but i had to leave early as my freinds were pulling some one who got stuck out. i get a call an hour later and they told me they had gotten caught by the cops after i left. so i dodged a bullet there...

So, yeah, it would appear they were someplace / doing something they shouldn't've been...

Robert

He stated that he was where he wasn't supposed to be, as WrenchMonkey pointed out, so read the post before you start shooting back please. I have issues with people going where they're not supposed to be because I have a 3-4 hour drive just to get to any trails for that reason, and they're talking about shutting those down to. A wise man once said,"Ignorance is bliss! But only to the ignorant."
Either way, you have a nice looking MJ and I'm looking forward to seeing an axle up front of it. When you shot the Rustoleum paint on it, how did you end up mixing it?

sweet mj, im starting to become a fan of them. you should have touched up your bumpers with the spray paint as well. good luck on the 4wd swap- def a nice truck.

sweet mj, im starting to become a fan of them. you should have touched up your bumpers with the spray paint as well. good luck on the 4wd swap- def a nice truck.

i would have touched them up aswell, BUT i am getting new ones.

heres the game plan:

· 4wd conversion
· Disc brakes all around, and some longer brake lines
· Swaybar discos
· Tailgate needs a lever
· JCR prerunner front bumper
· Currie hi steer
· Skid plates
· Motion Offroad MJ Comanche Rock Rails
· 8.8 spring over w/ Ox Locker
· D44 w/ trutrac & chromoly shafts
· Axles geared to 4.88
· T&T long arm kit
· Removable doors, replaced with Warrior XJ/MJ Safari Tube Doors for summer
· Some kind of offroading intake system
· Some offroadng seats
· Possibly swaping up to a 35” tire on the cragar street lock rims.
· High flow cat converter
· Lebaron hood vents
o POSSIBLE
§ 35” tires on cragar street locks

i would have touched them up aswell, BUT i am getting new ones.

heres the game plan:

· 4wd conversion
· Disc brakes all around, and some longer brake lines
· Swaybar discos
· Tailgate needs a lever
· JCR prerunner front bumper
· Currie hi steer
· Skid plates
· Motion Offroad MJ Comanche Rock Rails
· 8.8 spring over w/ Ox Locker
· D44 w/ trutrac & chromoly shafts
· Axles geared to 4.88
· T&T long arm kit
· Removable doors, replaced with Warrior XJ/MJ Safari Tube Doors for summer
· Some kind of offroading intake system
· Some offroadng seats
· Possibly swaping up to a 35” tire on the cragar street lock rims.
· High flow cat converter
· Lebaron hood vents
o POSSIBLE
§ 35” tires on cragar street locks

Nice list... But PLEASE do not spend your money at motion offroad.

x2 on motion offroad, they sell rip off parts, made directly from existing products.... its common knowledge! search! do not give them your money, if for no other reason then not getting gouged by some little punk who cant even re-write product descriptions...

app

from :: http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=970781&highlight=motion+offroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motionoffroad
These kits were built to be a massive reinforcement to the stock uni-body while giving you all the room you need to get in/out and store your stuff. Our kits are built to the highest standards; does not matter if your crawling or desert racing, these kits will protect you and your loved ones.Motion Offroad prides itself on the quality, fit and finish of our new Jeep Cherokee XJ cage kits. Not only do they cover you, they don't get in your way like other kits on the market. When properly installed you should be able to use ALL your handles and knobs (pre-98 models have some obstruction on the glove box). Precision bending allows for massive amounts of head room and a 100% usable rear seat (for kids AND adults).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandC Extreme
These kits were built to be a massive reinforcement to the stock uni-body while giving you all the room you need to get in/out and store your stuff. D and C prides itself on the quality, fit and finish of our new XJ kits. Not only do they cover you, they don't get in your way. When properly installed you should be able to use ALL your handles and knobs (pre-98 models have some obstruction on the glove box). Precision bending allows for massive amounts of head room and a 100% useable rear seat (for kids AND adults).

That is copy from both websites for the same product. DandC Extreme did copyright their site

I'm not sure how a Business can protect themselves from copyright infringement, short of court, if the offender pays no heed to copyright notices.

In another thread, JCR Off-Road claimed infringement by this same company. After seeing the proof as posted above, it appears what everyone says about this guy is spot on. I wouldn't by from him.

If you like the cage, take Cal's advice and buy it from DandC Extreme. It looks like a nice product and they have the install instructions on their website at http://www.dandcextreme.com/product.asp?pkID=126

Back