• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

George

I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept for folks to grasp.

BECAUSE ITS A JEEP AND YOU SHOULD LIFT THEM LIKE 12 INCHES BECAUSE FAT CHICKS CANT JUMP AND BIG MUD TIRES AND BROKEN AXLES AND ROLLING OVER EASY AND 2WD DOESN'T MATTER ...

Put in the headliner I've had lying around for a few months.

pyvudugu.jpg

I also gave it a $5 face lift. New plastics from the Gresham Boys and some plastidip and paint. Bumper paint is still wet, it's not that bright in real life.

ubatejy6.jpg

je4epajy.jpg

I also washed it so I could get ready to sell it. I've got too many projects and I just don't drive this.

$2500 come get it.

This thing is clean, wish I could afford another.

myneruhy.jpg

My final drive in the truck was pretty good. It was handed off to a new owner who will hopefully continue the build thread.

myneruhy.jpg

My final drive in the truck was pretty good. It was handed off to a new owner who will hopefully continue the build thread.

I dont have a camera phone, but I would have taken a very similar picture. :yelclap:

So, not much has happened with this since I bought it.

I decided that the best way to add chick magnet value to this jeep, would be to remove 50,000 miles from it, so I swapped in a full gauge cluster.

dsc_0382.jpg

dsc_0384.jpg

At some point, I disconnected the battery, and didnt have the security disc to make the stereo head unit that was in it work again, and with no beats, I had no chance with the ladies, so I bought a new one, with USB ports front and rear, as well as bluetooth and an aux in headphone jack.

dsc_0386.jpg

Later the CPS died, so I replaced that. No pictures because everyone with an XJ or MJ has changed one of those.

I turned 27 in october, so I hauled my first load with my lowered mini truck.

dsc_0447.jpg

and we did some keg stands.

dsc_0448.jpg

and here is a picture that I took today.

_161834.jpg

I played with the alignment a bit to center the steering wheel / box in the center of steering travel.

I daily drive it to work, and with the wet weather we've been having, I'd like to get some new tires for it in the near-ish future. Dont have plans to change much, but we'll see. I'm stupid and change things when I get bored.

Always liked this MJ. It was the inspiration for lowering mine... which I am no closer to starting since I got a set of ZJ rear coils for the front about 3 months ago.

I DD mine too and am still rocking the OE radio. Starting to get sick of my 'Dr Feelgood' cassette on constant repeat, if that's possible.

Nothing really new.

I had a few problems starting the jeep, where the power wire to the starter didnt have good contact with the battery, so I used some leftover 2/0 welding leads from when I re-wired my dodge, and made it more better...

Started with this - no wonder it wasnt getting good contact -
dsc_0488.jpg

made these -

dsc_0489.jpg

dsc_0490.jpg

Changed front wheel bearings - I've never seen such small bearings, nor such cheap bearings. It was $22 for all 4 of them.

Chasing down a vibration around 55mph, that I think might be tire balance or worn steering parts - it passes the 'have your buddy turn the wheel and look for what moves before the tires' test, but has a clunk at one spot in the steering...

I'll need new tires before the fall, but otherwise, its a good daily driver. :repair:

I'm about ready to pick up some badly needed new tires for this guy.

Having never owned a car or a lowered truck before, I've never shopped for tires this small, nor have I ever considered less than an all terrain.

For size, I'm planning on keeping the police interceptor 17" wheels, and wouldn't mind something a shade narrower, but the height works for me.

What should I look for? (Brand, style...)
Clearly an on road only thing, and being as I live in WA, plenty of wet weather driving.

Sometimes you have to park with the trucks!

s2QJsD.jpg

Got some JK Rubicon wheels and some Cooper tires a while back. Took some spidertrax wheel spacer adapters all the way around, worked good to locate the tires in the wheel wells and adapt to 5 on 5.

8BLFSy.jpg

Back