• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

exhaust back pressure transducer, 1990 XJ

Black1990jeep

NAXJA Forum User
My Exhaust back pressure transducer melted do to a clogged catalytic converter. I need a replacement for smog test, but cant find this part. Will someone please direct me to where to get one? This is for a 1990 XJ 4.0 liter inline six. This is the plastic body valve that acts as a switch for the egr vacuum based on exhaust pressure. I also need the rubber elbow that connects the transducer to the exhaust.

I dont even know what part number to search for.

Thanks

Normally that is part of the EGR.

Thanks, that looks like it! My egr is however fine, only the plastic transducer melted.

I did find a simular looking transducer on Amazon however, actually two of them with different part numbers...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FKXKDY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

and

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FKXKYI/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

These are Standard Motor Products part numbers G28012 and G28014

I am not sure if these are the same as what I had, or their differences. But these are a lot cheaper than buying them with the egr valve.
Does anyone know about these two linked transducers?

I got smog test coming up soon, and will need to replace the melted transducer and the now gutted cat, the cat clogged 500 miles from home,so I gutted it out to get home.

thanks

They look close. However Amazon says they don't fit my '88, as always YMMV.

I don't like throwing money at my '88 to pass smog but spread over 2 years and knowing I'm good to drive works for me. CARB cats are not cheap. I just replaced my Bosch O2 with an NTK as I gear up for my smog in a few months.

Anyway, forgive my rambling. If you have time, try one of the transducers. Let us know if it passes.

Back