• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tail light issue.

podm98c

NAXJA Forum User
So i have no tail lights on my 98 xj, Brake lights work, and so do the turn signals. I'm scratching my head on this one any ideas or answers would be a big help!

So i have no tail lights on my 98 xj, Brake lights work, and so do the turn signals. I'm scratching my head on this one any ideas or answers would be a big help!

Are the bulbs good? As I recall the park and turn signals share a fuse, with left and right sides being on different fuses. Aside from that, maybe a DRL module or headlight switch gone bad. Got a trailer wiring adapter in there somewhere?

The blues are good I know that. See this whole thing started because of a bad ground but I had nothing because of it. Redid the ground got everything back but actual taillights it's weirs. I do have the stock tow package harness on my Jeep I'll try disconnecting that and see if they come back.other then that I'll check fuses and the headlight switch seems to be working unless just part of it died.

Back