• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel rail and injector insulation kit

I just found this product by DEI this evening. I figures some other people may be interested in it as well. might help with heat soak issues as well as cooling the fuel.

https://www.designengineering.com/c...ic-products/jeep-fuel-rail-injector-cover-kit

You couldn't have posted that before I did the 4 hole injector upgrade last spring. LOL. I do not have the heat soak or misfire problems in my '00 like some people. I did replace the manifold heat shield with a new one while I was there. Ran me $2.20. I was considering piecing together something similar when I did the injectors. Probably could do it cheaper. Nice all in one vehicle specific set though. Another link to save just incase. Thanks.

I saw that one when it first came out, but the price is just too rich for me. I really like that a company has stepped up and created a product just for the heat soak of the 4.0L - major props and respect.

I replaced the heat shield on mine (was gone when I bought it, but the recall was done previously) and used some left over adhesive exhaust sheeting to wrap the injectors. Seems to work okay; heat soak isn't near as prevalent as before.

I like it.

That's what the tsb fix should have been

Heat soak is a very common issue on all the obd 2 XJs. Mine 00 even had a flash for the pcm to have the fan come on sooner and more frequently. I have the tsb insulation and new 4 hole injectors. Just haven't gotten to it.

Do the 4 hole injectors help with the heat soak issue? I have the heat soak issue on my 01 but I've only wrapped the #3 injector. Looking to resolve it.

Heat soak is a very common issue on all the obd 2 XJs. Mine 00 even had a flash for the pcm to have the fan come on sooner and more frequently. I have the tsb insulation and new 4 hole injectors. Just haven't gotten to it.

What do you mean with the statement:

"Mine 00 even had a flash for the pcm to have the fan come on sooner and more frequently".

Dealer recall thing? Something the dealership thought up? I have an '00 XJ. Never any Heat Soak or Misfire issues. Uprgraded to 4 hole injectors and did replace the intake manifold heat shield that was there with a new one. Still no problems but am curious about that.

Tsb 18-039-03. Flash pcm for rough idle after heat soak. Not a recall. A bulletin Chrysler issued. If you want the pcm flashed you will have to pay for it. It would have been covered under emissions warranty which has expired.

Lots of people seem to have good luck going with the new style (4 hole) injectors. I'm going to try a combo of heat extraction, insulation, and injectors.

So...if you do a search for J"eep 4.0 fuel injectors" on eBay you get a million different listing for the "upgraded 4 hole" injectors, but they are all different with wild varied prices. Can anyone confirm what is the best injectors to get? I see a lot of reman'd in the ~$65 shipped range. Is that what I want?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Cherok...id=100033&rk=4&rkt=4&mehot=pp&sd=331820605410

Any reason to go with these? They are new but...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271296874981?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I bought and installed the aforementioned DEI insulation kit and 784 Bosch injectors. The DEI kit is great quality and easy to install. I can't speak if it helps so far being only installed yesterday. The injectors however make it run smoother but I have a extended start now when cold. So probably one of them are leaking and losing pressure on the rail. So back to the OEM injectors since there were no problems before I swapped them and return these junk ones I bought on eBay.

Lots of people seem to have good luck going with the new style (4 hole) injectors. I'm going to try a combo of heat extraction, insulation, and injectors.

So...if you do a search for J"eep 4.0 fuel injectors" on eBay you get a million different listing for the "upgraded 4 hole" injectors, but they are all different with wild varied prices. Can anyone confirm what is the best injectors to get? I see a lot of reman'd in the ~$65 shipped range. Is that what I want?

They aren't an upgrade and they aren't a "new style".

I think Talyn is trying to say "they aren't better and have been around a while"

I don't agree, but it doesn't matter; changing injectors works for the majority of 4.0Ls just for the simple fact it's a clean part if nothing else.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Cherok...id=100033&rk=4&rkt=4&mehot=pp&sd=331820605410

Any reason to go with these? They are new but...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271296874981?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I'm a fan of the 4 hole's. I swapped some in my 93 a few months after rebuilding my 4.0 and it helped a lot with throttle response and overall drivability. It's been a while since I installed them but it just depends on the model number but you'll want to get the Bosch ones. Mine are from a Mustang but some other guys have them from neons and such. Just do a search and you'll find out what ones to look for. Mine where about $70ish on ebay.

Back