• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quality Oil Filter Renix

Black1990jeep

NAXJA Forum User
If anyone needs a part number for a good oil filter, the K and N HP 2007 fits the early Renix 4 liter straight six, it has the metric thread

Have cut open many a filter for examination, I found the K and N to be of good construction, and thus run it in several of my rides. often the parts store needs to order it so plan ahead.

I refuse to run a Fram, the orange can of death filter, even their premium Fram filters are cheaply made, I have had several fail on me, by coming loose internally, basically bypassing every thing going thru them.

Also good, but not fitted on ky jeep is the Motorcraft racing filter, used on my full flow remote mount conversion motors, excellent internal construction with high pressure case for full flow use. Fram makes a high pressure filter filter too, but it is JUNK inside.

WIX gold also is a good filter, and they make one that will fit my Triumph.

and for tranny and power steering fluid, the Magnafine inline filters are well built, and rated for high pressure operation, with both a magnet and pleated filter, along a bypass valve. I run these in the jeep.

Keeping it clean!

Wix filters or Napa Gold which arr made by Wix

Napa gold and regular oil changes. Since I don’t know how the engine was treated for decades before I owned it I don’t worry a whole lot about filters.

Back