• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stubbys Build Thread

Fingerless

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Well Long time Lurker, Finally got a new to me 2000 jeep Cherokee. Figure i would start a build thread to document my progress!

Here she is the day i brought her home 2 Weeks ago.

2000 Jeep Cherokee, 108,000 Original Miles
4.5" RE Lift
SYE

Upgraded all of the Main power and ground wires with 4 and 6 gauge wire.

Picked up an overhead console with wiring harness and bracket from facebook.

Recovered it from Tan to black and installed my Siren and Lightbar Controllers.

New Shoes. 285/75-16 Kenda MT.

Learned the hard way that if you buy a used vehicle from someone and they installed keyed lug nuts to make sure you get the key from them!:doh:

Some Black Friday Goodies. Also Have IRO Bar Pin eliminators for the New Shocks.

Little Light Modding Last night. Got my Streamlight Box light mounted, Small Axe and my Tool Box.

Welcome to NAXJA, and thanks for supporting the club by going red!

I see you have a JCR center console bracket. I went with Dirtbound's. Either way, it doesn't do much for offroad performance but it's still a nice little upgrade. Good luck with the build.

Hooligan Off Road Light Bar Brackets. These Things are Beefy. install was good. A little weary about drilling holes in the A Post for the Nutzerts!

Got the Rear Shocks Swapped out and the Bar pin Eliminators Installed. What a PITA. Rear bolts broke off previously ( I know common issue) so had to get a wrench on the back side to hold the bolts that were there. Decided to upgrade to grade 8 5/16 hardware to replace the rusty 1/4" stuff that was there before!

Got to cold out to do the fronts tonight. Hopefully i can get them finished tomorrow along with a few other projects before Shift on Saturday!

Finally Got the Front Shocks installed along with the IRO BPE's after a long weekend running lead on our local Fire School. Just in time before the Snow in Colorado Rolls this way!

Also Added a few new stickers to the Back. Thanks to NAXJA for the right, the Wife for the one on the Left! These things add like 10 HP and 10" of flex right? :wierd:

And as she sits right now. Do need to add the weather stripping to the 50" lightbar to get rid of the whistling!

4B188F8B-71BB-4E6F-BC95-16555502EF5C_zpsk7u5nozt.jpg

There a write up anywhere for this or a part number? My right rear keeps slipping the bolts and the OEM bolts were replaced at some point before I got the Cherokee.

Edit: Just realized it's the bar pin eliminator. Disregard my dumbness.

I will say if you dothis. I found it real easy to attach a small 18 gauge wire to the bolt, fish the wire through the hole and pull the bolt into place! I tried using long needle nose and fought with those awhile before i did the wire trick!

Welcome to the forums! Also great start to the build!

I will say if you dothis. I found it real easy to attach a small 18 gauge wire to the bolt, fish the wire through the hole and pull the bolt into place! I tried using long needle nose and fought with those awhile before i did the wire trick!

Good trick. When I replace my shocks I was able to get the bolt in the hole with my fingers. Perhaps it was my 20 years as an aircraft mechanic and fishing things through small and areas, but it wasn't too difficult to get them in. Yes, I used an air hammer and got rid of the captive nuts. The heads of the bolts are where the captive nuts used to be.

Having fingers would have probably made it a little easier also!

Adapt and overcome!

😜
79b21311f3dc3084ce99de9f63edd183.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having fingers would have probably made it a little easier also!

Adapt and overcome!

😜
79b21311f3dc3084ce99de9f63edd183.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inspired by your determination. That's a tricky job.

That pic would make a great avatar.

Accident or birth?

Birth! Left hand is also jacked. But at least i have a full thumb and index finger on that side! I just couldn't take a picture holding the phone with my right hand! :roflmao:

I dont let it stop me! Im a full time EMT / Firefigher and can stick a needle in a vein from across the room, im also the Rope rescue Guru for our Tech Rescue team and tie knots around most people. They always try harder when someone says "the Fingerless guy can do it? whats your excuse!"

Pretty sure my parents were sadistic my first toys were Lego's!

Birth! Left hand is also jacked. But at least i have a full thumb and index finger on that side! I just couldn't take a picture holding the phone with my right hand! :roflmao:

I dont let it stop me! Im a full time EMT / Firefigher and can stick a needle in a vein from across the room, im also the Rope rescue Guru for our Tech Rescue team and tie knots around most people. They always try harder when someone says "the Fingerless guy can do it? whats your excuse!"

Dude I like your style...

:cheers:

:05of5: You sir are an inspiration for everyone who meets you. Not everyone is willing to give back to their communities like you do. May God continue to bless you forever. :)

Back