• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

water temp sensor

Static-XJ

NAXJA Member #492
Was trying to change it as I swapped guages today when the old one broke off. Well it broke pretty much flush with the block, no leak in the coolant system, though. How should I go about extracting the old one. In a really akward position.

Plus the old one has a clip on connector while the new one I bought has a screw on type. Did the parts guy just give me the wrong one?

The only way that I can think of is to drill a hole in it and use an easy-out to remove it - just like you would extract a broken bolt.

I think that the connection has ridges on it that look like threads, but the connector just pushes on.

Good Luck...

Im a little turned around. What is the sensor on the thermostat housing, and where is the sensor you broke?

The one on the t-stat housing is for the computer. The sensor for the guages is on the top of the block, next to the valve cover, back near the firewall.

Back