• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where have all the Jeepers gone

chameleo78

NAXJA Forum User
So I haven't been a 'contributing' member here but I've frequented the site since 2003 according to my join date. What I've noticed over the years is that the traffic on the site has steadily decreased over the years and drastically in the last couple. I know that the end of production of the XJ has affected how many people are interesting in them and how many are out there (cash for clunkers helped in this regard as well). It just seems that there are less people that I think there should be. If people are moving away from the XJ I'm wondering what people have moved onto as far as vehicles.

Be interesting to know if there are statistics that would back what you say

Traffic remains steady. However, the site as a whole may not seem as "busy", as Non-Tech, Tech, etc... is now widespread in the Chapter Forums. When we started the Chapters, we wanted to avoid this. However, it is now common, and Tech info is all over the site.

http://www.markosweb.com/www/naxja.org/ Did a search on google and found this page. It is very interesting. Don't know if it is correct or not?
Heh. Not even close.

For starters, it thinks that NAXJA is still on sb-host.com. How far back is that, Glenn? At least 5 years? Secondly, they can only analyze data that they see, maybe by referrals or click-throughs. They don't have access to the site logs. In short, it might be accurate, but only from a very limited point of view.

Not even close at all, as Jeff stated. The data that they have available is very limited.

Yes, at least 5 years. I got out of the hosting business after Hurricane Katrina & Rita. Though I do believe there may still be a footer file somewhere that references my old company. Not sure though, I thought I nuked it a while ago.

Hmm... there is still an HTML file that references sb-host.com, but I'm not even sure it's referenced anywhere on the site. At the moment, I don't think that any part of the site shows the ISP (which I am happy with, BTW.) I'll have to figure out if that file is referenced anywhere.

If those stats were real the NAC lots-o-posts thread would be the top one, not bumpsteer

Traffic remains steady. However, the site as a whole may not seem as "busy", as Non-Tech, Tech, etc... is now widespread in the Chapter Forums. When we started the Chapters, we wanted to avoid this. However, it is now common, and Tech info is all over the site.

This might be the best explanation as OEM- and Modified-Tech are really the only places I spend much time.

Back