• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSM rear discs on D44

NMCruser

NAXJA Forum User
TSM rear disk brake conversion. Does anybody know anything about this. ...is it easy to do?
does anybody know where I can find a template for the caliper bracket. TSM lists this conversion for FJ-40's...does that mean the caliper bracket is the same? Any info on rear disks would be greatly appreciated.

TSM makes a modular conversion for about any axle you can find. D44 's differ from mfg to mfg and application to application as to the pattern on the flange, so a XJ 44 kit may not fit a ford 44 kit. I used TSM to convert my 73 scout 44 (in my xj) - fairly easy, but had some quality control problems. make sure if you use them you deal only with skip, the other guy gets in a hurry and may stick you with the wrong parts. my caliper spacers were wrong and I had to have one machined as I was in BFE when I installed it. The brakes themselves work great, although the parking brake can be a bit of a PITA to adjust (ratcheting arms on GM calipers). Good luck.

I was going to go the TSM route but I ended up with the Ford Motorsport kit instead.(Explorer brakes) The rotors are already setup for 5 on 4&1/2 and the e-brake is a separate drum unit within the hub section of the disc. Both the disc and the drum e-brake still work great after 4+ years and I haven't had to adust either one.

Just another idea for you. :)

Back