• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: NUETRAL SAFETY SWITCH FOR 96 AUTO

jack96xj

NAXJA Forum User
WILL TAKE ONE USED THAT WORKS BETTER THAN MY INTERMITTENT HUNK-O-CRAP RIGHT NOW. LOOKING TO PAY SOMETHING AROUND $50 NO HIGHER THOUGH. ANY DIRECTION TO ONE I CAN FIND FOR THAT PRICE LET ME KNOW.

JACK

or you can just do what i did when mine took a crap, just jump the two wires that tell the cpu its in park, i did it with a small piece of wire inside the connector. as long as you arent a dumbass and try to start it in gear you'll be fine. my reverse lights dont work but thats not too important to me i cant see thru my tint anyway :gee:

Thanks for the input Grimm, unfortunately it isn't just my play toy. The MP's on base are worse than regular cops! Guess I will try to find a cheap used one.

Jack

GrimmJeeper said:
or you can just do what i did when mine took a crap, just jump the two wires that tell the cpu its in park, i did it with a small piece of wire inside the connector. as long as you arent a dumbass and try to start it in gear you'll be fine. my reverse lights dont work but thats not too important to me i cant see thru my tint anyway :gee:
Not sure on a 96, but on a 97 a jumper wire will turn on the CEL.

Back