• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Silicone Vacuum hoses ?

I have not used those particular hoses, but I have run silicon vacuum lines on my GTA. It is a superior product.

The only potential downside (other than cost) that I can imagine is that silicone hoses can be more flexible than rubber. This may mean that you need to support them more carefully in order to keep them out of harm's way. I never ran into any issues with this, but I suspect a long run without any zip ties could be a problem, but then again, a rubber hose should have had some support in that situation too. It would be a matter of how much can you get away with when using a rubber hose vs. how much less can you get away with when using silicone.

pretty sure they were 1/4" inner diameter. when I get off work ill see if I can dig up the order. its handy stuff cuz I use it for vacuum, vent, and the coolant overflow line

Ok, the kit is 37 feet of hose spread across 5 sizes. Thinking about my '92, there's what, 3 or so feet to cover the connections between manifold and airbox/MAP sensor, and up to 6-8 feet to get to the vacuum reservoir, depending on where it's located? What is the other 25 or so feet for?

That said, nifty link.

I just purchased this kit, thanks for the link.

"-Replaces: All under hood vacuum lines including all those associated with the fuel injection system, cruise control, evap canister and the radiator overflow hose. It also includes two vacuum "T"s which are needed."

Back