• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCalXJ Picnic THIS Sat 6/20 Fiesta Island in San Diego

Carol.92124

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Sorry for the late cross-post, but the SoCalXJ group would like to (belatedly) invite the NAXJA folks who are not also members of SoCalXJ (SoCalXJ.com) to come to our Annual Picnic, this Saturday 6/20.

Bring your family, your friends, your (friendly) dogs, your boats, jetskis, & water toys. You can launch off the island with the appropriate vehicle & trailer, or launch from a nearby boat ramp. Bring a swimsuit, towel & sunscreen, some shade, and your own food and beverages.

We'll be on the west side of Fiesta Island in Mission Bay, where the long flat area is. Folks show up early til late, so come on by if you can! Some of us will be there early to reserve a stretch of sand, and some will stay til the Sea World Fireworks are done & the island closes for the night.

FYI, alcoholic beverages are not allowed on any San Diego beaches. Enforcement level varies, but I am sure they keep a sharp eye out for visibly inebriated folks. Barbecue grills are allowed, as are dogs (so watch your food!). There are porta-potties scattered about the island.

You do not have to drive your XJ down there, or even own one, but it looks really cool when there's a nice long row of Jeep "station wagons" along the waterfront.

If you have questions, PM me and I'll do my best to answer them. If you're totally unfamiliar with the area, and can't get info online, PM me before 9pm Friday with your phone number, and I'll call you & try to steer you in the right direction.

See you on the sand!
Carol

Dammit I got screwed on the date last year and now I am up here running the Rubicon this weekend, oh well don't eat too much or get sun burned. :)

Damn....just made plans to leave town this weekend.

Usually this gets posted weeks ahead of time :twak:

Directions:

From I-5, take the Sea World Drive exit and head southwest, then make a right onto East Mission Bay Drive, then left to Fiesta Island.

We will be on the far west side of the Island.

KH

First people generally show up fairly early to mark off the spot and people slowly populate throughout the day. It's generally pretty much an all day event.

I would like to come, but will be driving to Mexico on Saturday for a nice 3 week vacation.

Again, my/our apologies for the late post... wasn't aware it hadn't been posted up yet until I hunted for it... and didn't find it...

I would like to come, but will be driving to Mexico on Saturday for a nice 3 week vacation.
C'mon Brendan, San Diego's on the way to Mexico... just stop by for a bit!! :looser:

I will discuss it with the wife, but we are crossing over via Nogalas, just south of Tucson

I will discuss it with the wife, but we are crossing over via Nogalas, just south of Tucson
Well it's not that much of a detour, right? :gee: Have a great vacation, even if you can't be bothered to detour via SD for a visit!

Looks like the weather will be perfect... about 70 degrees. Humidity will be high, but that's not so noticeable when you're bayfront with the ocean breeze blowing!

Usually this gets posted weeks ahead of time :twak:

Yup, that's cuz I usually do most of the planning, picking the date, cross posting, informing. Been that way for the last couple years. But for whatever reason, this year, I had nothing to do with it :D. So I kept it that way.

Believe it or not, this is the SEVENTH annual Fiesta Island event for us SoCal folks. Hey, that's longer then the SoCal chapter has been around! Hmm, makes you think? Don't it?

6th Annual Thread:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=953727

5th Annual Thread:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=926363
(has a link to the site location)

4th Annual Thread:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=90899&highlight=fiesta+island

And before that, we didn't invite ya'll, ha! :laugh:

See ya there! The Jeep might be ready :repair: otherwise I'll be hitching a ride or bringing the Integra.

...that's not so noticeable when you're bayfront with the ocean breeze blowing!

hehe, is it just me that sees something wrong with this picture? That's kinda like being in the city smelling the fresh country air. =)

But yes, you will have the fresh scent of fuel and sewage washing over you....if that's what ya wanna call an ocean breeze. =)

I might stop by. I have a view of Sea World and Fiesta Island from my house. Maybe get to meet some of you guys.
C'mon down!! It'd be great to meet you. But FYI I'm female (one of the few female owner/drivers that is a regular attendee), so you might meet some non-guys, too...
Carol

Back