• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Modifying inner front fenders -

bajabronco

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Does anyone have any pics of their modifications to the inner front fender wells, that gets rid of the bumps and allows for more up-travel with larger tires on a low COG rig? I have seen the TNT customs inner fender replacement panels, but am looking for more pics and ideas!

dktool - I have already done what you are talking about awhile ago. - My 37's hit at the inner fender at the front and a little at the rear, and def can not turn while compressed since it hits the bump in the front. I have it bump stopped right now, and limits the up travel. I know others in the group have modified the inner fenders to enable more travel up for big meats. Looking for what they have done.
Front%20Fender%202_zps6nl3g38x.jpg
Front%20Fender%201_zpsr8xdbi9u.jpg

When I did the rust repair on the floor pan, I went ahead and cut the firewall back. I cut the pinch seam right in between the spot welds. I weld the cut line closed. I also Frenched the front of the wheel opening. I'm currently running 4" and 33s with plans to go to 35s.

Back