• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn signals only working for 1-5 flashes

NYPDJeep

NAXJA Forum User
I need help, couldn't find anything by searching.

My directionals have stopped working correctly. When I put on my signals the arm functions as normal, however the signals and indicators stop after between one and five flashes.

Try checking the relays- perhaps a bad connection or relay all together.

Do the signals just freeze up after they quit as in does the green light stay on? Hazards doing the same thing? If so it's probably the flasher relay. My 99 did the same thing when I got it.

2000 Sport (forgot to add to original post)

The green light does not freeze or stay on. The green light stops working when the flashers do. The hazard function seems to work fine.

90PioSport99 said:
Do the signals just freeze up after they quit as in does the green light stay on? Hazards doing the same thing? If so it's probably the flasher relay. My 99 did the same thing when I got it.

As did mine. And if your luck was like mine, you just happened to notice every cop in town around the general area of you, with no functioning turn signals.

It's the flasher solenoid. Located behind the kick pannel under the steering wheel. A new solenoid will cost you just a couple of bucks at any auto parts store, and just a few minutes of your time to replace.

Thanks 99!

I'll try that out in the next few days. I've been driving around in my wifes Hyundai the last few days. You wouldn't believe how dangerous it feels to drive around NYC with no directionals.

Back