• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Liberty CRD

NOVAggie

NAXJA Forum User
Fellas,

What are your thoghts on this guy for a DD? I will keep my XJ for play time. I currently have a Ford Ranger and get about 17-18mpg. I am thinking of getting a new/used DD. I want better mileage and do not want a car. So far I am considering the Liberty CRD or the Subaru Forester.

Any thoughts??

well, they're both gay...

i'm not sold on the CRD either. the mileage gains are nominal. only 25% better than gas. keep in mind the KJ CRD averages about 20 MPG. and it's a LOT more expensive to buy. i haven't broken down the math, but i'd guess you'd have to drive a LONG time to re-coup the cost of buying it.

i've had nothing but good luck in my family with subaru - i'd recommend one (for mechanical reasons) all day long. get a legacy/outback though. much better to drive, and nearly identical storage room. better gas mileage. better looking too, in my humble...

I drove one around at camp jeep for few hours, mostly off road. Not bad, comfortable with plenty of head room if you wear 10gallon cowboy hats. There is a longer stretched version coming out, the engineers were talking about it after I mentioned that a vehicle thats a stationwagon type is useless if you can't fit a 48 or 50 quart cooler behind the back seats without having to drop the seat. Low end grunt wasn't bad but then it was an automatic and seeing as how I've not owned an auto in many years I'm assuming it was good. It seemed to get around 25mpg tooling around the trails based on when they filled them up at the end of the day vs the odometer settings [provided nobody reset the trip meter when I wasn't looking]

As a member of a truck diesel website I read several have purchased CRD`s cause there diesel heads. Ive read mileage reports of 25 to 29 once broken in. I will admit I was blown away by the guy I followed comming back from a trip to the mtns. This guy was pulling a TT that was about 20 feet and IMO way to big for anything that small as a tow rig. The dude never slowed down below 65 even on hills that woulda killed anything else. Subaru?? the one my sister bought was a POS. New in 03?? 4x4 wagon thing, always broken and nickle diming them to death. Leaked oil worst than a 65 Harley D. They bought a Honda Pilot, so far no issues in 50K. Personally Id own neither cause there all sucky.

i want a 2003 Dodge 2500...

how about that one?

Back