• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beasley: Hill Climb?

Adam Duncan

NAXJA Forum User
Who in the hell is doing that thing? After my trip with a bud to beasley, between the two of us, we had coverd every trail there, with one exception, the hill climb. My XJ handled everything, some stuff took multiple attemps, but we made every climb and trail there. When I attepted the hill climb, I couldnt even get to what I would concider the base of the hill. It was just insane. I want to know who the hell is climbing this thing!

Dont think anybody is doing that thing, people used to ride the sandrails with the metal spikes, but since they outlawd the spikes dont think anybody is doin it. Did yall do 233 and the left side of rattlesnake?

i can get about 5' with a 25mph run at it, Ga. Mike said he had only seen hybrids make it up.

Sort of off subject, but what kind of equipment does one need to do Beasley? I've heard it's pretty tough, but I've never been there. What do you need to have fun (not break anything) there: lockers, lift, tire size, cage, winch, etc.?

Ive been 4 times, in 4 differnt Jeeps.

Trip One - TJ, 38's, Locked, Winched

Trip Two - ZJ, 30's, Open

Trip Three - ZJ, 32s, open

Trip Four - XJ, 36s, open

Honestly, there wasnt too much that the ZJ (either of them) couldnt do there, there are a couple of climbs that would be way out of the question, but there is still tons of shit for pretty much everyone. My XJ (trip four) handled everything there as stated, but also keep in mind it was after four straight days of rain (last week). So, hills were rediculously slick.

Conclusion: Go, theres plenty for you.

i have ran most trails there on 30's and open, had to winch a couple times. bobsled city when muddy.

Where is Beasley? Any site links? Isn't that where A-Mechanic lost his door to a big feet?

Adam Duncan said:
Ive been 4 times, in 4 differnt Jeeps.

Trip One - TJ, 38's, Locked, Winched

Trip Two - ZJ, 30's, Open

Trip Three - ZJ, 32s, open

Trip Four - XJ, 36s, open

Honestly, there wasnt too much that the ZJ (either of them) couldnt do there, there are a couple of climbs that would be way out of the question, but there is still tons of shit for pretty much everyone. My XJ (trip four) handled everything there as stated, but also keep in mind it was after four straight days of rain (last week). So, hills were rediculously slick.

Conclusion: Go, theres plenty for you.

hey, did you go with a guy in a white zj. kevin finlay.

if so, where did yall get stuck, he called me while i was at the beach and said he was stuck somewhere..

Back