• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bright yellow sludge in ccv system?

Mike1331

NAXJA Forum User
My guess, this is a combo of clogged gunk from ccv tubing mixing w/ oil, and condensated moister in my oil at the moment. Am I right? The system used to just pump out the oil as do most renix systems. Now it looks like blended squirl piss. Its spewing into my cone filter and i have to clean it every other day its getting quite obnoxious. Just replaced a thermostat from the dealer and my xj won't get above 160. The thermo said 195 on it when pulled out of the box. Could a faulty water pump cause a car to run too cold. My water pump is leaking out the bleader valve at the moment it will soon fail. My water pump pully has play in it, so I will be needing to replace that as well. I know I should clean out the ccv system or get a new one to vacume in the proper direction but has anybody seen this before?

Application
87 4.0
dynomax
cone air

Usually condensation in oil will appear more white in color. Yours being yellow in color, i'd be concerned of coolant in the oil.

Cracked block, cracked head, warped head. Get the water pump changed A.S.A.P. then check for coolant loss or leaks for the next two weeks.

Back