• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Poly motor mount + stock trans mount = bad?

first, if you have bad motor mounts you should take a look at your trans mount because that might be gone as well...

There is no harm in doing a combination of Poly or Stock. There are many cars out there that run 1 or 2 poly but leave one rubber so motor vibrations stay low in the cab.

The factory rubber mounts went bad on my 98 in 2001 after 4 years of wheeling... Installed MORE engine mounts with a factory rubber trans mount and this setup works nicely.... There are slightly more vibrations than with the original rubber mounts, but I have peace of mind that the engine will remain in place while on the trail.

I run poly motor mounts and stock tranny mount. Vibrations from the engine went way up, but as far as damage from running the transmission rubber, there is none.

Unless you only off-road your XJ, and/or really don't mind engine vibrations at stop lights, I would skip the poly engine mounts.

Ron

I put in poly motor mounts and a stock trans mount at the same time, which was about 35k miles ago. All of them are fine at this time.

I have poly motor mounts but if they ever run out i'm getting rubber ones. Its a DD and i'd just rather have less vibes.

Back