• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Providence Canyon run- Nov 28....who's in?

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
My brother and I are thinking about running up Providence on Saturday, before the trail is snowbound and turned over to the sledders.

This time of the year, it is typically a 2 locker trail, but I've seen it run with one locker and dual LS, but open diff rigs rarely make it past the quarry. Post up here if you are interested and we can nail down a meet time and place.

You did miss anything, Aaron. I came down with a head cold and my bro had to haul oil, so it didn't happen.

I've been up there a couple times and still haven't figured out where to turn after the quarry. Right to the waterfall seems to dead end at the waterfall and left seems like a dead end too.

I've been up there a couple times and still haven't figured out where to turn after the quarry. Right to the waterfall seems to dead end at the waterfall and left seems like a dead end too.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.6880044,-111.7317375,920m/data=!3m1!1e3

Forest Road FR090 is your route up Providence Canyon. Once you reach the quarry, FR022 is your route, which heads up the canyon into the basin, where it intersects with FR168. If your destination is Logan Peak, then stay left on 168 and left again on FR042.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.6880044,-111.7317375,920m/data=!3m1!1e3

Forest Road FR090 is your route up Providence Canyon. Once you reach the quarry, FR022 is your route, which heads up the canyon into the basin, where it intersects with FR168. If your destination is Logan Peak, then stay left on 168 and left again on FR042.

Cool. Thanks. I was there yesterday and there is no way I was going to make that transition to 22. I'll have walk more of it in the spring since I couldn't make out a decent path before the snow. No way I could make it now.

Cool. Thanks. I was there yesterday and there is no way I was going to make that transition to 22. I'll have walk more of it in the spring since I couldn't make out a decent path before the snow. No way I could make it now.

This time of the year its just about relegated to the guys on sleds. dan1977p I notice in a couple threads you wheel around Cache valley. If your around here a bit you should come wheel with us. Xj guys are always welcome.

I'll keep my eyes out for runs around here. I've found a new club based in north Utah and south Idaho so I'm sure I'll learn the trails up there too. Depending on the weather we will probably be don't a snow run next Saturday up there.

Back