• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Life For My 1990 Suggestions??

mpro1

NAXJA Forum User
So, this is the second "re-furb". for my 1990 2dr sport. About 10-15 years ago I did did a complete suspension overhaul RE 3.5" w/ swing shackles, RE adjustable track bar (heim) shocks, tires, paint, all the usual engine mods etc. I have just completed some much needed repairs. New floor pans, cut n fold mod. 2x6 rockers, iro rear bumper, complete interior teardown and refurb. Dash, hvac, flat white paint, flat style flares. ECT.

Question recommendations.

Coil springs are cracked, CA bushings shot, leads were add a leaf. Setup for overlanding.
Do I get a complete suspension kit? LA or SA? or rebuild and replace worn out/ broken RE components?

I guess the millenials have taken over this site. You know the ones that think the computer you plug into your car fixes it too..............

If it were my Jeep, I’d be more inclined to get some similar coils off of someone local who went for a bigger lift, and throw some new bushings in those short arms. As for the rear, I would get a whole new leaf pack with an appropriate amount of lift built into ‘er. I have those Iron Rock off-road leaf packs in back of mine, which I like. They are stiff, and I needed shackle relocation boxes to utilize these springs because they are a few inches longer than stock, but they are overbuilt, and would be good for someone who has added pounds of steel or has a lot of overlanding gear to haul.

Fix what needs to be fixed!

Coils usually don't crack. are you sure it's not the paint?

There is no "need" for LA's at that height. What control arms do you have?

stay short arms.
new coils
new full leaf packs
hit the trail

Back