• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Two `88 2-door XJs and asst. parts

NN4S

XJ Afficianado #789
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
It's time to shuffle some projects I won't get around to anytime soon. I've got a pair of `88 two door XJs (4.0L,5spd, 4wd) that I'd planned to combine; both have titles and other paperwork. My son & I were supposed to do the work together but we can't seem to find the time with all of his college activity & working. He doesn't have any interest in Jeeps right now, anyway, so they would be better off finding a new home.

One of them is a Laredo model with power windows & locks, front & rear vents (rear tinted), etc. It needs a transmission/tcase installed in it to be complete. It wasn't running when I got it & still isn't since I never got around to installing them. The other I bought in PA and drove home; the body's pretty much shot (held the passenger door on with duct tape to get it here!) but got 24-27MPG on the trip. I did some mild trail running with it to check out the tcase before pulling it & the engine/tranny to prepare for swapping into the other XJ. The engine's sitting on a stand, tranny & tcase still sitting on the jack waiting for something to be done with them. Both can be rolled up onto a trailer for hauling home if someone's interested in them. I'll also throw in an assortment of stock parts yanked from my `94 & `01 XJs when I lifted them along with a set of 5 stock steel Sport rims off of the `94; can you tell the wife wants me to do some yard cleaning? :laugh3:

So when you boil it all down, there's one good XJ 2 door that needs the tranny/tcase installed and maybe some of the other stuff from the other XJ to put it back in operation. Fix it up, register it & you've got a decent DD. That will leave you with a spare 4.0L, front & rear axles/wheels/tires and various parts /glass and such from the other (or a seriously rusted-out, beat up 2-door XJ shell) along with a title so that you can dump the remains with a salvage yard when you're done with them if you so choose. The springs, control arms, wheels, etc. from the other XJs will be loaded into the back of the trashed XJ to make hauling them off easier. I'd like to get $1500 for it all, but make me a reasonable offer and the wife may persuade me to take it! ;) I'm located near Huntsville, AL (NW of the city, only about 1 1/2 hours from Nashville) and can get some digital pictures of the stuff to email if interested. It might take a few days, but I'll definitely get back to anyone who asks about them. Buy them and part them out if you like, but she wants them gone in their entirety so I can't do the part out thing myself. Thanks for looking! :wave:

$1300 / best offer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back