• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 Mopar Hp Computer '87thru'90

willybugman

NAXJA Forum User
4.0 hp mopar computer for sale. Used for short time on my '87 cherokee before I began upgrade to LT1 V8. You can feel the difference in power with this unit. Asking $250.00.I also have many other parts from '87xj. contact email or phone 678-617-6486.

Does this unit work with the stock CPS and knock sensor? Does it require mid-grade or high-test gas to avoid ping?

The computer will work and does not call for any up grades or changes. It is not nec to use premium fuel. The computer will provide more fuel and spark advance under hard throttle. Works well.

hhmmm, I am interested.

Can I get any sort of documentation on this ecu? Do you have any webpages or anything that explains the ecu and its modified functions?

It will work with both 5spd and auto since those years have seperate tcu's right?

-Scott

Will the computer work with automatic tranny?

I have the box and papers that came with the unit. Not much info there. The mopar performance catalog does recomend premium fuel and not recomended for towing. However, I can tell you that I could run mid grade with no adverse effects. Further more I did alot of towing with my xj and it helped torque considerably. Added note, with fuels being what they may or may not be at the pump today the use of premium is relativly inexpensive insurance when it comes to getting optimum performance. You may not hear any detonation with lower grade fuels but that may be in part due to corrections from knock sensor input. The trade off is less advance/less power. The part # in the Mopar Performance catalog ( no longer available) is P4529334. Tech help line is 248-969-1690 if you can get thru.....

Re: 4.0 hp ECU

lunghd said:
Bill - Need to get in touch w/ ya about ECU - P4532129 was in the P4529334 box. Emailin' ya.

Phew! Just wanted to post a follow up. Another Factory quirk - The Mopar performance ECU doesn't have the same number on it as it is sold under! Just a quick FYI for all that if you have ECU P4532129 then you actually have a Mopar Performance Computer for 87 - 90 Renix 4.0L's which was (for some reason) sold under P4529334.

Back