• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel rail leak from unknown part

waxer

JEEP APPRENTICE
Staff member
NAXJA Member
Forgive the ignorance on the name of this part, but I recently started up my 92 XJ after sitting for about 8 years. After going through every system and replacing or confirming good operation, the only issue I see is the fuel rail is leaking from this component.

What is this component called? Is there an o-ring or a gasket underneath it?

Thanks in advance

13427838_1125977654133095_6885716849479408243_n.jpg

Disregard. Found through further research that this is the fuel pressure regulator. It must have dry rotted o-rings inside of it. I'm going to take it apart and see if I can replace the o-rings. If that doesn't work, I might as well get a new one.

Just get the Dorman o ring assortment package for fuel systems, you will find the correct one in there, as well as others you can use for the motor. I just replaced my regulator o ring last weekend with the kit.

As far as I know there are no o'rings on the FPR itself. There are o'rings on the inlet and outlet connections. And the FPR itself can go bad internally and leak fuel into the vacuum line on the left side. If the FPR casing is leaking it it not repairable. Hard to tell from the picture where the leak is from.

I got my new regulator for my '89 from the dealer, came with the o-ring. The parts guy said they still had fuel rail service kits with just the o-rings available if that was all I needed.

The "quik-disconnect" needs two O-rings and a spacer, if you take it off, save the plastic spacer. Then take an o-ring to ACE hardware and match it up. The "part" to seal the quik-disco (2 O-rings and a spacer) costs $8.95 + shipping, each connector. O-rings cost under a buck each.

The regulator to rail o-ring is just a single o-ring. it just pops on, then bolt to secure.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the information guys! I have an 1990 Cherokee with the I6. The dealership has the part number as 83502746 which I crossed matched it to Napa’s number CRB 2-12305. It was $25.99 but came with all the peices and fixed my problem!

Thanks for all the information guys! I have an 1990 Cherokee with the I6. The dealership has the part number as 83502746 which I crossed matched it to Napa’s number CRB 2-12305. It was $25.99 but came with all the peices and fixed my problem!
Sorry it was $15.99 at Napa

Back