• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warrior Products front bumper

cablesmurf

NAXJA Forum User
Since there doesn't seem to be any really good pics of this bumper installed (that I could find) I thought I'd post one up. Overall I'm happy with the bumper...I will be beefing up the mounting points, and installing a reciever. For the price, it was a great starting point and is very clean looking.

Smurf

dcp_0005_675.jpg

that is pretty nice, it matches body lines very cleanly.

too bad they dont make it to hold a winch cuz i would buy it right now its the only bumper that i think looks good follows similar factory lines and isnt a gawdy ugly thing

Thanks for the compliments. I just need to bedline the rockers and put the flares on...and it done...well, mostly.:laugh:

Floating tie rod? not a bad idea! It's just an illusion...must be the bright silver paint throwing your eyes off :) you just can't see the black TRE.

Here's a couple more shots ...

dcp_0004_271.jpg

dcp_0003_268.jpg

It appears to only use stock mounting and its only made of 1/8" material.....

RCP Phx said:
It appears to only use stock mounting and its only made of 1/8" material.....

It does, which is why I said I would be beefing up the mounting points...

I like the 1/8 steel...it keeps the weight down. Plus, we have no rocks here, so it's not a big deal.

by far the best lookin bumper i have seen for following body lines, I put one on my old jeep simply cuz the front bumper was beat to hell and i wanted something to look good, i was eventually going to run d ring brackets underneath for tow points.

P1010196.jpg

what if this bumper was coupled with the jcr or alex (ukrainetraine) unibody tie in plates... eh? thoughts? what's the price on these, by the way and how are the d ring tabs tied in?

I know this thread is sort of dead but from what I hear the D-Ring versions are mounted a lot different and have more attachment points. Anyone shed some light onto this for me? I love the looks of this bumper and it's about one of the cheapest out there but will it crumble the first rock I tap it against?

I whacked mine pretty hard at The Hammers 2 weeks ago and ended up taking a Porta Power and hydraulically pushing it back out and then adding a pair of 1.5" supports from the ends of the bumpers back to the mounting brackets.

The D-ring mounts are not exactly in front of and making contact with the mounting brackets and some of those welds were problematic.

That said, it is the winch version and the center chunk of the bumper is well put together for being what it is.

Warrior was immediately responsive in getting me a new end piece for welding into the existing bumper. I chose not to do this and pushed it all back into shape and added the additional support.

Here in the PNW, it wouldn't normally be a big deal since we don't bash into rocks up here. Johnson Valley, however, takes no prisoners and the rig got banged around. The bumpers took some serious hits.

They are good for what they are designed to do. If serious rock crawling is in your future, I would recommend the M4O bumper. For trail running where major impacts are not a threat, the Warrior piece is nicely constructed and keeps the weight under control.

Back