• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pulling Courtesy Light Fuse, Courtesy Light Still On

Chaindog

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a key-out hot fuse and was looking at using the circuit for "Cargo lamp/switch, courtesy lamps, radio, instrument cluster, underhood lamp, transmission control module", fuse #16 on the passenger side interior box.

When I pull the fuse (10A), the lights don't go out. So, I decided I must have read the manual wrong. I then proceeded to pull every single fuse in that panel, one by one, and not a single fuse killed the courtesy lights.

Are the courtesy lights not the same as the overhead map light and the footwell light that is inches from my face while pulling fuses? What am I doing wrong here?

I'm looking for a key-out hot fuse and was looking at using the circuit for "Cargo lamp/switch, courtesy lamps, radio, instrument cluster, underhood lamp, transmission control module", fuse #16 on the passenger side interior box.

When I pull the fuse (10A), the lights don't go out. So, I decided I must have read the manual wrong. I then proceeded to pull every single fuse in that panel, one by one, and not a single fuse killed the courtesy lights.

Are the courtesy lights not the same as the overhead map light and the footwell light that is inches from my face while pulling fuses? What am I doing wrong here?

This is a 2000 Classic by the way.

I believe the dome fuse is under the hood

Back