• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zig zag baby, zig zag

Comanche

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking of buying a zig zag. Has anyone gone zig zag on a MJ or Xj here? Looks cool and talk to the company. Really nice and helpful.

Go MJ

Ron

The CJ guys have been running these for a couple of decades.I wouldnt even consider them except for an off-road only rig!

I havent seen them untill too long ago, they seem to work well and are good for street because you can lock them in place. For some reasion, I still like Revolvers better.

The CJ guys have been running these for a couple of decades.I wouldnt even consider them except for an off-road only rig!
:rolleyes:

If you got things outa shape for these to assist in messing you up you are already screwed....I am currently working on becoming a dealer of nth degree..sweet stuff

I like my scissor shackles better than either one!

I called the company and talk about the streetability of these and as long as they are locked they are safe. He also said he would help me to design it for my MJ, and I like that in a vender

go MJ

Comanche

Ron

I think that's trying WAY too hard!

Oh yeah, I'm also going to run out and buy some of those sliders right away too.

Excuse me.....Gliders :rolleyes:

I was checking out their website the other day as they had an article featuring this company in my local newspaper. The zig-zag looks like a great product to me - the best thing I think is it eliminates most (if not all) the twisting of the main leaf when flexed. However, I remember reading that it will not work with leaf packs more than 5" lift due to the leafs being too long when compressed. Wouldn't it be possible to extend the "pads" so that as the leaf compresses it still has something to slide on? And, since the zig-zag negates the use of a shackle, is there a way to have them extended to add to lift height? In other words how can this be used with more than 5" of lift height? I know those are questions that should be directed to the company itself but I thought I'd post them here for sake of discussion.

I have been looking at getting this also the only problem I see with it is that when you go down a steep hill the whole rearend will unload and be easier to roll. I read somewhere or maybe they told me I can't remember that you need to lock it in when going up or down steep inclines. I don't like the fact of jumping out at every hill to lock it in. Pirate had a good discussion about this product I will see if I can find it.
DIG IT!

Flex is overrated, spend your hard earned money on lockers.

Now if you won the lottery then go ahead and buy the latest and greatest fads. :cool:

Exactly, if you want REAL trail performance work for a rig that is well balanced, not some scissor-jack, Swiss-Army knife suspension. Unless it comes in that sexy powder blue. :eek:

If you have over 5" of lift forget about them. The spring will slide off the gliders & end up in the bumper. Beleive me I thought of everything I could have done to make it work. But after further review it wouldn't work. I had purchased these for my XJ & after reading the directions thats where it mentioned the 5" lift limit. The product looked pretty well thought out but the only thing they can improve IMO is the rod ends they use, the attachment point of the pivot @ the unibody & I think it could be alittle beefer.

Scott Mac. said:

Now if you won the lottery then go ahead and buy the latest and greatest fads. :cool:

He's 100% correct.

So when was the last time you where on a 4.5 rated trail?...Yes lockers are important.....but all other things being equal...id rather take more flex than less...My Xj had around 36" to 40" of total travel and sometimes that was not enough....the new rig whould have more than the last.....you are right....lift, lock, travel, in that order,..but I will be putting the zig zag on my spring over MJ that Im working on now.

xjnation said:
So when was the last time you where on a 4.5 rated trail?...Yes lockers are important.....but all other things being equal...id rather take more flex than less...My Xj had around 36" to 40" of total travel and sometimes that was not enough....the new rig whould have more than the last.....you are right....lift, lock, travel, in that order,..but I will be putting the zig zag on my spring over MJ that Im working on now.

Moab '00 and flex didn't limit me. But I was whining about my open front diff daily.

If you have the extra cash go for it. My point was that I think lockers are more worthy of your money than flex is.

I think the XJ well balanced with flex as it is. I don't see the need for the rear to have that much more flex than the front.

I wish you the best of luck on the MJ.

Remember just a few years back when ramp travel index was all the craze? It turns out that a lot of those ramp champs were down right scary on the trail. Vehicles that could drive off the backside of a ramp had some very serious issues to deal with on the trail. This contraption takes that to a whole new level. I'll take safe, solid, SIMPLE, dependable, predicable ANY day.

Nope, nuh uh, no sir. Not gonna do it. That thing would get smashed into pretzel like pieces on my junk. The materials aren't up to the task for my liking. Nor do I like the overemphasized sidehillin' revolveresqe feelin' that thing is gonna give. I'm sending this one to the credit card wheelers myself.

Sean

Back