• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weld-on beadlocks

xj4life

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have experience with the weld on beadlocks that sit on the outer lip, not the ones that fit down inside. Is it possible to install the rings without cutting the lip? Seems it would be possible, just adds a little width to the rim over the other sytle.

Each wheel has two rings. They both go on the outside normally, but I guess you could do "double" bead lock wheels if you were really ambitious. One ring welds to the outer wheel lip, and other ring bolts to the inner welded ring sandwiching the tire between them.

I don't think the wheel needs to be cut or altered in anyway.
Beadlocks usually don't hold air well over time.

barillms said:
Each wheel has two rings. They both go on the outside normally, but I guess you could do "double" bead lock wheels if you were really ambitious. One ring welds to the outer wheel lip, and other ring bolts to the inner welded ring sandwiching the tire between them.

he's talking about the difference in rings that sit inside the lip (on the outside of the wheel) as opposed to the ones that you are supposed to remove the lip and then weld the ring.

as for the question, i've only used the ones that sit down inside the lip of the wheel

IntrepidXJ said:
he's talking about the difference in rings that sit inside the lip (on the outside of the wheel) as opposed to the ones that you are supposed to remove the lip and then weld the ring.

yupers

barillms said:

Mine (except for one) hold air as good as any other wheel.

barillms said:

IF you fawk them up, yeah, the won't hold air.

But, they should.

Anyways, I saw a set out there that could be welded to the outer lip without removing it. Personally I think I'm going to go with the ones that fit inside the rim as it'll be easier for me to weld in that position (I'm going to stick them...)

Back