• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Leader for Deep Creek/Holcomb Creek

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
I will be glad to lead this run on Saturday!

I will ask that folks have these minimum requirements:
- tow-points front and rear
- 3" of lift and 31" tires
- working spare tires within 1" of other tires on your rig (and lug wrench/locks if applicable)
- first aid kit
- jack capable of lifting your rig high enough off of the ground
- fire extinguisher
- tow strap (no metal hooks)
- working seat belts (sounds crazy, but safety first)
- Rock rails (not mandatory) - your choice, it's your rig.

I have been with folks with no lockers and they did make these trails with no problem, but they had good skills and listened to the spotter.

These are fun trails, and some of the best Big Bear has to offer.

They are rated "most difficult" by Forest Service.

There is about a 20 min drive on the road to the start of Deep Creek. We will disconnect and air-down at the trail head. Due to this, we need to depart on time from the meeting spot (Discovery Center) at 9:00 AM sharp.

Please top off your fuel before coming to the Discovery Center. There will be no stopping, unless an emergency or issue, on the way to the trail.

Please post here if you are interested in this run or have questions about the trails.

count me in in the YJ

Ill bring the spotter "Spotty Dog"
2lx82ew.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Robert,

Who's the backup trail leader...in case you don't show up? :gag:

xjohnnyc said:
Hey Robert,

Who's the backup trail leader...in case you don't show up? :gag:

:moon: :nono:

I will be there! Heck, i have two Jeeps (well one is HERS), Odette will be out of town, and my mother-in-law is coming down to watch Kaleb. I will leave as soon as she gets to the house. I am trying to get her to come down Thursday evening, but it will probabl be close to 10:00.

So, you coming JC? You doing this run? You camping or Motel6'ing it?

4xSanta said:
I vote for johnny!

:eek: :scared:
You ever followed that guy before... crazy Asian driver...

JK, Johnny. You can be tail gunner, if you want...

:D

Santa likes it when I lead because I keep a good pace. No constant stopping. But of course, I'll stop if someone needs help.

I hate being tailgunner behind all the open/open guys. :)

I'll be there Friday afternoon through Sunday. I'm not camping and I'm not staying at Motel 6. I'm checking out a cabin rental. I figure if I get 8 people and we share a place, it'll be pretty cheap. Plus, the place has a hot tub. And a pool table and foosball table. Hear that Kyung? Get your A-game ready.

I already have 5 confirmed. Wanna join us Robert? But remember...no kids. :)

Who said anything about 8 guys? I said 8 "people". Women are people too.

xjohnnyc said:
I'll be there Friday afternoon through Sunday. I'm not camping and I'm not staying at Motel 6. I'm checking out a cabin rental. I figure if I get 8 people and we share a place, it'll be pretty cheap. Plus, the place has a hot tub. And a pool table and foosball table. Hear that Kyung? Get your A-game ready.

Sounds like a plan. PM me or call me tomorrow and we can discuss the details.

xjohnnyc said:
:D

Santa likes it when I lead because I keep a good pace. No constant stopping. But of course, I'll stop if someone needs help.

I hate being tailgunner behind all the open/open guys. :)

ready:guitar:

i think i am in on this run, i just hope the trailer rig dont get a ticket on the road there!!:scottm:

Mr.OverKill said:
i think i am in on this run, i just hope the trailer rig dont get a ticket on the road there!!:scottm:
My advice to everyone is to be very careful what you post on these forums.

Last summer TTORA was planning their Big Bear event and posting on their forums about stretching a few rules and the Rangers were waiting for them on Friday afternoon and shut the whole event down before it ever started.

NAXJA is an AAT Club and that is a big plus in your favor with Greg and Mike, but some of the other rangers will take any chance they get to ticket OHV folks and shut down non-permitted forest events.

Mr.OverKill said:

It probably depends on how "streetable" it is. Is it a green sticker vehicle? Most of the trails in Big Bear are Green sticker vehicles only.

We do not want anyone getting a ticket nor giving NAXJA a bad name.

We just want to wheel and have a good time, and be legal.

rpraterxj said:
It probably depends on how "streetable" it is. Is it a green sticker vehicle? Most of the trails in Big Bear are Green sticker vehicles only.

We do not want anyone getting a ticket nor giving NAXJA a bad name.

We just want to wheel and have a good time, and be legal.
it is very streetable, just needs mirrors.

Mr.OverKill said:
it is very streetable, just needs mirrors.

That makes it a trailer queen?

:laugh3:

you will be fine!

FishPOET said:
My advice to everyone is to be very careful what you post on these forums.

Last summer TTORA was planning their Big Bear event and posting on their forums about stretching a few rules and the Rangers were waiting for them on Friday afternoon and shut the whole event down before it ever started.

NAXJA is an AAT Club and that is a big plus in your favor with Greg and Mike, but some of the other rangers will take any chance they get to ticket OHV folks and shut down non-permitted forest events.
Does that meen I shouldnt bring my uniform (wife and I volenteer regularly :p ) I wouldnt worry about harrasment from the rangers, the biggest issue should be having a safe time. the crackdown is usually for groups who are known to break the rules.

Back