• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi, my name is Dan Wheeler...

Fore Wheeler

MWC President
NAXJA Member
...and I am running for the position of Director of the Midwest Chapter of North American XJ Association.

I have been involved in NAXJA since 2001 when I attended my first event in Tellico TN., for the Cherokee Crawl. I became involved in XJ's during the winter of 2000 when I was preforming a frame up restoration of a 79 CJ-5. My dd at the time was a 95 Mustang GT and I knew I needed a winter vehicle. The local dealer had a 93 Cherokee Country with a small lift on their lot and I thought it would be 'cool' to have a Jeep as my winter ride being I was restoring a Jeep of a different nature. Later that winter I read an article in one of the rags about NAXJA and the Cherokee Crawl. I later went to the website and gained tons of information on what now has become my formost addiction.

NAXJA has become more to me than a club, or another 'Jeep website', it has become a place I can come to to bs with people that have become life friends, and still learn the latest upgrades to my already modified XJ. NAXJA has become a huge part of my life, one that I will never leave.

My need to become more involved in NAXJA is why I am running for the position of Director. I want to see the growth and stability of the club be a more personal agenda for myself. As Director, it will allow me to do this.

I surf many Jeep sites, I post on few. NAXJA is my home.

As your Director, I will do my best to keep NAXJA and her members a priority.

Questions? Fire away...

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you,
Dan

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Dan,

Glad to see you stepping up to the challenge and wanting to help the future of this club.. Good luck to ya bro. :thumbup:

Cheese "there are no losers in an election that will better our club" Man

May the best man win Wheeler! :cheers:

Hi Dan. If elected what do you intend on doing with the MWC?

That's a pretty general question, and keep in mind that "I" wouldn't have the power to do anything myself. There's BOD set up to have a wide range of opinions and input into the decisions that are made for the club.

My intentions are to preserve the quality of what we have, a GREAT club. There is no "next level". If the situation arises where change is needed I will be there to represent the club.

Oh, and I'm pro life.

Yes, when Hell freezes over.

I'd be careful with that statement. I recall the hotspring-fed lake in Hell freezing over before...You should know this as a Michigan native.

Dan,

Do you forsee anything that might keep you from being able to carry out the duties of a Director if elected as such?

What are your thoughts on a splitting of the chapter due to the shear size of the states that we cover? Is it needed or not needed?

Do you think that cheese should be considered its own food group.

I like your bald head. :D

Cheese "no hidden agenda" Man

I don't for see anything that would get in my way.

At first, I felt the chapter was too big. It is a big chapter but we are making it work.

Cheese should be the official food of the MWC and anyone that doesn't like cheese should be cheesed and feathered.

I like you rubbing my bald head!

Fore 'MWC is my personal agenda' Wheeler

Last edited:
Hi Dan. If elected what do you intend on doing with the MWC?

btw, I am heading up the 'Adopt a Newbie' program. I had this idea last year and it's going to be put into motion this year. I feel it's going to be a great program that will help the growth of our club and make WF 'easier' to the new peps.

That would of been my question right there. For those who feel a split could be good, why? I say keep it as one, but it really don't matter to me. Just being curious.

Kim, I hate your avatar. I feel like a homo when I look at it. Not that I have anything against homo,s.

Back on track now...

Fore 'politically correct' Wheeler

Dan you would get my vote based on the following 2 reasons

1) you are a friend of mine on facebook and I am such a facebook junkie (not really)

2) It would eliminate cheez job and free him up to do so much more cooking and drinking

Back