• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help identifying a vacuum port

Rumgod

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, newbie here working on my jeep, it's 2000 XJ, 4.0L, 4x4, 3.5" lift, auto 180,000 miles. I've had it about 3 months and and have gone thru just about all the usual things to create a good baseline, hoses, oils, ignition, fluids, etc.
I had been aggravated with my mileage, the last thing I did was replace the upstream O2 sensor( I left downstream as it was), cleaned MAP and IAC sensors and my city mileage went from 9-11mpg to ~14.5mpg and on a controlled test(full tank of gas) run on a 60mile highway run I went from 14mpg to 21mpg at 65mph on cruise control. I'm happy now.

I do have a question though, I'm a bit of a stickler about "everything in its place" and there is a bolt stuck in the intake manifold that doesn't seem to be OEM, I can't find any pics or references to this 'port' that someone apparently blocked, maybe not stock intake manifold?!.
Can anyone help or identify this? here's a pic I took a while ago.

Thanks! -Art :)

dq3SZfh.jpg

It's not used on my 2000!

The manifold and the port are stock, and that port is always plugged. The stock plugs disintegrate.

I have a '00 with cali emissions -- I don't think that is capped on mine -- don't know where it goes off the top of my head but I'll check tomorrow and report back

I have a '00 with cali emissions -- I don't think that is capped on mine -- don't know where it goes off the top of my head but I'll check tomorrow and report back

It should not be. Goes to the purge solenoid, think that is what it is called, that is in front of the blower motor in the engine compartment.

Back