• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door locks draining battery

Red_daggsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having an issue with my door locks constantly in "Lock" mode causing a constant drain on my battery causing it to eventually die. I disconnected driver switch, then passenger but something seems to be stuck or there is a short somewhere. when I move one of the switches there is a clicking behind the gauge cluster, or somewhere in the dash near there.

Has anyone ever experienced this, or is there a relay, solenoid or something in the dash that can short or get stuck in the "lock" position to cause this? I can't do anything until the weekend and I'd prefer it not die on me again.

Thanks

Just to get you started, there are two relays, lock and unlock, in a relay block mounted on the lower dash panel in front of your right knee. The horn relay is also mounted there. As I recall, the door lock relays are to the right, away from the steering column. As a start you could unplug these in turn and see what happens.

Just to get you started, there are two relays, lock and unlock, in a relay block mounted on the lower dash panel in front of your right knee. The horn relay is also mounted there. As I recall, the door lock relays are to the right, away from the steering column. As a start you could unplug these in turn and see what happens.

That sounds about the best idea I can think of, I'll give it a try this weekend.

Thanks

Back