• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie - with a couple of clarification requests

claytoga

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all - great site and I have been searching for a few days on some issues I have.

I recently installed a Rancho 'add a leaf' to my XJ 98 Jeep. It raised the rear from 420mm to 470mm. I have a slight vibration on acceleration. From searching it appears the best approach is to drop the tcase by half to one inch?

I want to add a Engel Fridge frame in the back cargo area. From searching, it looks like you can rivet through the cargo floor without damaging the fuel tank?

I have redone my rear main seal twice now (it is definately the rear main) and I still have a small leak. Anyone have any additional tips that I may be missing?

Might not be the rear main, might be the valve cover gasket and/or the oil filter mounting boss O rings. As for the vibes, common on 97+ XJ's with the slip yoke, couple of approaches, band aid to fix, TC drop, YJ slip yoke, Slip Yoke Eliminator. The SYE is the best route. When doing the valve cover gasket start in the middle and work out to the ends, very light torqe and then check it over the next few days. Some use RTV which I don't like, I prefer the neophrene gaskets or the cork neophrene and pure cork as a last resort.

No idea what the frame is you are talking about but the top of the gas tank is very close to the underside of the floor as in close enough to not be able to get your hand between so care is the word when drilling back there.

Welcome to the group. gojeep is down in your neck of the woods.

Back