• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AGR STEERCO Difficulty

Black1990jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hi.. I went to replace an old AGR brand super box steering gear and pump. I ordered direct from AGR Steerco, What I recieved was a standard small gear box, with a part number indicating it is made for street cars. although this street car gearbox is listed as having a billet top cover, instead it has a standard cast cover thatAGR weakened by machining their logo on it. My invoice shows I ordered the super box, not what I received.

I got ahold of Josh, AGRs owner and he told me because I was down and needed the gear box I ordered for an upcoming trip, and that AGR could not get the correct box out to me in time, to go ahead and install it, that I will like it, if not return it after the trip. *

I installed the gear box and pump, but noted the gear box was extremely stiff to turn, and the input splines were bashed, had to file them twice to get them to fit. the pump had a loose high pressure fitting, and was also the wrong part number per my invoice, it is aluminum body, not steel, and had damaged mounting threads.

After install the pump worked for 2 miles of test drive, found the flow control valve stuck down, jammed. replaced with a pump from AutoZone in less than 20 miles the gearbox failed, with near 90 degrees of steering wheel motion to move the tires. I actually was getting worse and worse as I drove on the freeway, extremely dangerous.

AGR was informed of the failures, and after 3 weeks did not reply, I asked for a full refund after these 3 weeks, got one reply asking what did I order, I replied with the invoice number, and Part numbers ordered, and sent, and now a week later I have heard nothing back from AGR.

Also AGR charged me near 100 bucks more than the invoice, charged my card the day before shipping.

I smell a rat here. Credit card charge is being disputed now, silence from Josh at AGR.

* When I ordered the gear box, he told me my 33 inch off road tires are borderline needing their ram steering, but that their super box will work fine. However when I spoke with them about the wrong, smaller car gearbox sent, Josh told me he does not recommend the bigger offroad super box, that the passenger car box is fine for my jeep! two different stories here.

has anyone else experienced this bad behavior by AGR Steerco?

Back