• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 P0700

SouthernAeroXJ

NAXJA Forum User
1997, AW4. Hey guys, I’m about to loose my mind troubleshooting this problem. A couple weeks ago my TC stopped locking in overdrive. Threw a P0700 code with NO other codes. Did some troubleshooting and found the TCC solenoid was bad. I went ahead and replaced all 3 solenoids, filter, and fresh fluid on Wednesday. After replacing everything I drove it nearly an hour Wednesday evening with absolutely no problems! TC locked up, shifted great, and no more P0700. I was very happy. Yesterday morning I hopped in it to go to work. As soon as I put it in gear BAM P0700 came back and it lost 1-2. Starts out in 3rd or 4th. I’m having to manually shift now with no TC lockup in OD. So far fluid is good, NSS is good, brake switch is good, TPS is good. Only thing I haven’t checked is the TCM/TCU. It’s pissing me off it performed perfect after replacing everything then the next day it’s even worse than it was before. Is it possible the 1-2 shift solenoid which is brand new is now bad?! I know the 97 has different wiring than other years and I can’t seem to find a good diagram that’s not 96 or 98. Someone help. Please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would need to be able to see the actual code thrown by the TCU. P0700 just states that the TCU is sending a message on a malfunction in the trans.

You would need to be able to see the actual code thrown by the TCU. P0700 just states that the TCU is sending a message on a malfunction in the trans.

I took it to a local mech and hooked his big Marco scanner to it. P0700 is the only code. There are no specific TCM codes thrown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A take it you meant Matco, but not all scanners can read sub-codes.

Evidently it doesn't! You need to see the code that set off the CEL.

Check the fuse and that the connector at the trans computer are still attached first. Your symptoms sound like you don't have power to the trans computer.

Back