• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need to get a vcr-vid on a cd-r and converted for net viewing

Beezil

Member #Nay
NAXJA Member
subj heading says it all.

I have 14 minutes of vid that must be shown on the internet.

bunch of drunks driving on a 1.6 mile ralley course cut into a 8 foot tall corn field, speeds above 55 mph reached...

its a must see, but it only exsists on a vcr tape.

who can help?

A buddy of mine at work converted some of his home videos to DVD by recording them into his digital camcorder.

While that was running, he was also sending the captured video through the camera's built-in firewire link into his PC. From there is was just a matter of burning onto media. He says it worked great, and he didn't have to buy a video-capture card for the PC.

I imagine something similar would work for making a video-CD. Know anyone with a firewire-equipped camcorder? I assume that they have video and audio input jacks these days.

HTH,

Rob

I can, butt head. Dazzle Digital Video Creator. I've got the interface.

Beezil said:
subj heading says it all.

bunch of drunks driving on a 1.6 mile ralley course cut into a 8 foot tall corn field, speeds above 55 mph reached...

its a must see, but it only exsists on a vcr tape.

who can help?

Sarso99.jpg

Flowers, that was a corny attempt.

some of the people and things you do beezil make me wonder. from the looks of it mr. flowers is the somewhat ring leader of this...

cheers,

jj

Beezil said:

Easiest way to do this:

- Get a video capture card (something like one of these would work). Avoid the USB ones; they suck.

- Attach VCR to input of video capture card.

- Use the bundled software to transfer the video to MPEG or whatever other standard the software supports.

- Publish video, we laugh our asses off.

There ya go. I for one would like to see the finished product; tearing drunk around fields in crapbox cars used to be a pastime of myself and some friends.

jjchgo said:
some of the people and things you do beezil make me wonder. from the looks of it mr. flowers is the somewhat ring leader of this...

cheers,

jj

Nope, sorry JJ, your are.

Beez,

If no one else can help you out let me know. I can get it done.

Back