• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

7.75" Drop shackles, Hole to Hole

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
Does any one have a set of these and if so , do they work well ? I am assuming they give you 2" of lift. They say 2 inch drop. I am presently running 1" in the back and I want an inch above that. Here is how they are listed.

Greasable Shackle for Jeep XJ -Rear, Hole to Hole 7-3/4", 2" Drop

Last edited:
boise49ers said:
Does any one have a set of these and if so , do they work well ? I am assuming they give you 2" of lift. They say 2 inch drop. I am presently running 1" in the back and I want an inch above that. Here is how they are listed.

Greasable Shackle for Jeep XJ -Rear, Hole to Hole 7-3/4", 2" Drop

As these designed for the XJ or they the Chevy drop shackles.

If they are the Chevy's, you can use them but be aware they may bend. They are not designed for offroad use. As far as the length, I believe my 1.5" Daystars are 6" for hole to hole.

Shackle order

That link is who I am getting them through. It is only like $61 for the set with shipping. Cheaper then the blocks and u-bolts I was gonna buy. Plus easier to install and better for the diff. I'm right aren't I ? Just making sure shackles are better then blocks. :wave:

shackles will change your pinion angle and if you are still running your original spring packs they are eventually going to kill your spring packs and you are going to loose the lift they gave you. In my opinion save your money and buy some new springs, itll be cheaper in the long run. Trust me i did it not to long ago myself

boise49ers said:
Shackle order

That link is who I am getting them through. It is only like $61 for the set with shipping. Cheaper then the blocks and u-bolts I was gonna buy. Plus easier to install and better for the diff. I'm right aren't I ? Just making sure shackles are better then blocks. :wave:

It's too bad they don't have a picture of the design. The main issue with the XJ leaf packs is the thin main leaf. Many have modified their OEM packs or used a combination of used packs to make really killer packs. If you have a pick-n-pull, you can upgrade your packs pretty cheaply.

If you do a search here on NAXJA, use Eagles username, he has a ton of comments on the use of shackles and blocks.

I know i have chevy drop shackles on the rear of mine, 6 1/2 to one hole, 7 1/2 to the other. therse 2 hole you can use. one note on the chevy ones, they work, but very flimsy, mine bent below the spring, and they arent quite the right width for the jeep springs, a bit to wide. mine ar comming off sat, to be replaced to rubicons shakles, along with everything else that comes with the 5.5" exrteme duty kit :D

I wonder if extended bump stops will help in keeping the leafs from going flat after I put in the 2" shackles. After hearing they could go flat in a few months it kind of makes me leary. Mine have already lost lift after putting in the 1" Daystars. Factory stops though.

boise49ers said:
After hearing they could go flat in a few months it kind of makes me leary. .
Total SPOBI.

I have the Chevy Drop Shackles and I wheel the POOP out of my stuff. On my current set up, just this year, I've been to JV, Calico, Rubicon, Dusy-Ershim, Moab,Big Bear, and Truckhaven (a few times to Big Bear and Truckhaven.) And some trails around Durango, CO during elk season.

I do have properly adjusted bump stops, but I have not lost any lift since the initial break-in.

I know a lot of the "longer shackles will wear springs out" theories sound good, but it just hasn't applied to me for some reason.

Dan

Last edited:
Back