• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build Sheet Questions

Marc

NAXJA Forum User
I requested the build sheets for both cherokees ('89 Laredo and '89 Limited) last night. They came back today.

The sheets state that says I should go to the dealer for 2 recalls #561 Oxygen Sensor on the Limited and #733 Brake Pedal Shift Interlock on both. The Limited sheet lists my tires as P225/75R16 BSW On/Off Road and my wheels as 16 x 6.0 Aluminum, Chrome. The Laredo sheet shows it with P215/75 OWL All Terrain tires and 15 x 7.0 Chrome Wheels.

When I bought the Limited used it had the Limited rims (gold honeycomb) and P235/75R15 tires. Could they really be 16 inch rims or is the sheet wrong.

The oxygen sensor needed to be replaced anyway and it saves me the cash, but what is the brake pedal shift interlock.

First off. The brake pedal shift interlock is a combonation of the button on the side of the shift lever that you have to push to put it in gear and the brake pedal. The button on the side of the shifter will not depress if you do not have your foot on the brake.

Secondly, How did you go about getting a build sheet?

There were no 16" rims used on the XJ until 2000, when they used 16" rims on the Classic and Limited. To the best of my knowledge, all XJ rims are 7" wide except the 9-slot steel wheel used on the early base models, which was 15x6. I can't recall any chrome wheels ever being sold by the factory on XJs.

Part of the problem may be that Chrysler took over from AMC beginning in early 1988. The computer systems were not properly mated, and it may be that as late as '89 they were still using AMC option codes, and Chrysler's computers don't know what they mean.

Eagle,
I have a 2000 Sport and it also came stock with the 16 inch rim.
Thought you might want to know.

Have a good one.:)

Drewman said:
Eagle,
I have a 2000 Sport and it also came stock with the 16 inch rim.
Thought you might want to know.

Have a good one.:)

Check your build sheet -- those might have been swapped on by the dealer. I have the 2000 catalog here -- the 16" rims aren't even listed as an available option on the Sport.

I got my build sheet today. Here are some quotes...

"Tires - P225/70R16 BSW Wrangler HP
Goodyear Brand Tires
Wheels - 16 x 7.0 Alum"Icon"Quartz"

"Without Billable Fuel
Spring - Left Front
Spring - Left Rear
Spring - Right Front

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know."

What is up with the 16" wheels, and where is my Left rear spring?

seanR said:
What is up with the 16" wheels, and where is my Left rear spring?

What model do you have? The 16x7 "Icon" rims were used on the 2000 and 2001 Classic and Limited. In 2000 the Classic got "Dark Argent" and the Limited got "Sparkle Silver," so I'm guessing you must have a 2001.

Your left rear spring is probably attached to the left side of your rear axle, and runs from there up to the frame beneath the rear seat and at the back by the rear bumper. Does that help?:angel:

I have a 2000 Classic. It had 15" wheels on it when I bought it. It only had 30,000 mi. on it. I donbt any one would have changed rims, who knows.

Also, now I know why it rides so low in the left rear.

Just got my buildsheet back from D.C.
and my 2000 Sport came direct from the factory with 16 in wheels,
heres the listing:

TRQP Tires - P225/70R16 BSW Wrangler HP
TZAP Goodyear Brand Tires
WDUP Wheels - 16 x 7.0 Aluminum
WLZC Wheels - All Aluminum

Back